Twin caliper rear brakes

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Jules
Top Gear

Twin caliper rear brakes

Post by Jules » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Just a feeler but I am considering having some twin caliper rear brakes developed like I did for my b5.
The company are one of the best in the business, and I just think having the rear set up like the lambos, r8s etc would be very
cool and I do feel the rears look a little small especially behind 20"s. This would bring them to the 356mm discs used on the R8.
Like this for example

This was the set up on my b5 using rs6 rear ceramics, lambo/r8 handbrake caliper and aston martin 4 pots for braking caliper.
Maybe this kit will be pretty much all r8 rear set up.

Anyway like I say I will probably do it and just wondered if something others may be interested in, of course it wont be cheap
and I will get set prices for the kit which will contain every item for installation required or they will even fit it for you.

Many thanks
Drive low,park lower

daytonamart
5th Gear

Re: Twin caliper rear brakes

Post by daytonamart » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:37 pm

They look great Jules, but why would you need them? unless it is to look cool?
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:40 pm

:lol:
daytonamart wrote:They look great Jules, but why would you need them? unless it is to look cool?
I wont lie lol, pretty much yes :shock: :lol:

If the V8 R8 can have them why cant we, as for improved performance surely this much help with that also.
Drive low,park lower

TobyRS4
2nd Gear

Post by TobyRS4 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:01 pm

It would be interesting to see what this did brake bias wise, R8 being rear engined perhaps the difference in rear calipers was to do with weight distribution?
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 - Black/Titanium optics, Anthracite OEM 19's, De-resonated OEM Exhaust, TTRS FBSW, MRC Stage 2 De-flapped manifold, Full Carbon Clean, MRC Stage 2 Re-map, 431.5 BHP...... must...not...spend....more...

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:07 pm

TobyRS4 wrote:It would be interesting to see what this did brake bias wise, R8 being rear engined perhaps the difference in rear calipers was to do with weight distribution?
Very possible, and I knew this would be raised, i've ran this set up a few times and many others have and
i've never heard of any issues.

Quite a few cars run a similar set up from jags, ferrari, corvette etc but as you say many are rear engine'd.
Drive low,park lower

C17LJR
4th Gear

Post by C17LJR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:13 pm

I'll have a b8 setup if they can do the brackets for them too jules :thumb:

2007 Daytona Grey RS 4 Avant
2013 Daytona Grey RS 4 Avant

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:23 pm

C17LJR wrote:I'll have a b8 setup if they can do the brackets for them too jules :thumb:
Don't say that...my wallet is starting to tremble in fear :shock:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Like the idea of this, will be waching see how it goes.
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:42 pm

C17LJR wrote:I'll have a b8 setup if they can do the brackets for them too jules :thumb:
Will do buddy, I thought this would be quite straight forward but its much more complicated with the b7
but I'm sure the b8 will be very similar so all good.
I thought with b7 rears going onto the b5 pretty easy it would be all good but its the space that's limited
on the b7, but anything is possible.

You seen them adv's up for sale on here ? thought of you straight away :thumbs:
Drive low,park lower

C17LJR
4th Gear

Post by C17LJR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:50 pm

It's more difficult on the b8 due to the elec parking brake, I've got some c7 RS6 calipers spare from when I put the 356 on the Golf, so I'm thinking I could use them (as they are suited to the 356 already)to keep the elec brake functionality and pair with the R8 rears I have, them it's brackets I need...

Sounds easy when you say it fast.. I've not taken into account the disc width difference between the R8 and the C7 RS6 either!

Looked at the wheels a few times now, I'm gonna have to wait a bit before I buy anymore yet though

2007 Daytona Grey RS 4 Avant
2013 Daytona Grey RS 4 Avant

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:09 pm

Interested. What price are we roughly looking at?
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

techyreg
3rd Gear

Post by techyreg » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Somebody out ther already does this kit.
I have recently fitted to my supercharged B7.
Bought the kit used from a forum member and I'm sure he said he had bought it in Germany.
It all fitted perfectly with R8 discs calipers and handbrake caliper.
I actually used Girodisc R8 two piece discs imported via Holland from the states. This saved quite a bit on import duties. Also bought the girodisc big brake kit for the front.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 pm

Can you tell the diffrence with having that set up on the rear or is it just for looks?
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:59 am

techyreg wrote:Somebody out ther already does this kit.
Bought the kit used from a forum member and I'm sure he said he had bought it in Germany.
I actually used Girodisc R8 two piece discs imported via Holland from the states. This saved quite a bit on import duties. Also bought the girodisc big brake kit for the front.

Do you have any more info on the kit itself?

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:02 am

techyreg wrote:Somebody out ther already does this kit.

Very very nice work indeed :thumbs:
Drive low,park lower

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”