Insurance Company Recommendation

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
geforce
Neutral

Insurance Company Recommendation

Post by geforce » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi All,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2014 B8.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a particular insurance company? More from the perspective of identifying a quality product, policy, level of cover etc vs the usual cheap companies on insurance aggregator sites.

Which companies have you found to offer a quality product? Or do most go for the likes of insurers listed on the comparison sites?

Any points much appreciated!

G30001
3rd Gear

Re: Insurance Company Recommendation

Post by G30001 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Chris Knott or Pace Ward have been really good for me.
2013 B8 RS4 - Reflex Silver Black Pack probably the 2nd lowest mileage in County
2014 B8 RS4 - Daytona Grey bag of nails with Silver Styling gone

Rs4nutter
1st Gear

Post by Rs4nutter » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Cheapest I could get was with admiral with no black box fitted 🤷‍♂️ Why you’d want one fitted is beyond me

geforce
Neutral

Post by geforce » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:59 pm

OK thanks

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

partymonkey
Neutral

Post by partymonkey » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:24 pm

I seem to recall that AIB insurance were either forum sponsors or supporters in some way in the past.

https://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/product ... -insurance

I can't personally recommend them yet but was going to give them a chance to quote when my renewal comes up in a couple of months (Currently with Admiral). Looks like they have some tailored policies for performance cars and we might get a discount for being forum members?? Might be worth a look??
Jon - RS4 B9

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:15 pm

I have been with NFU for the last couple of years. Very good cover, no charges for mid term changes and no interest for monthly payment.
You have to call your local branch as they are not on any comparison sites.

geforce
Neutral

Post by geforce » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:05 pm

G30001 wrote:Chris Knott or Pace Ward have been really good for me.
I must say I've had a shoddy experience with both. Both basically want to gain an understanding of quotes you may have gained from online comparison sites before they quote effectively and spin something around this. They quote higher prices and give generic responses to any queries on why they're asking for this information. I won't be returning to either.

It's as if they're leveraging big data and the algorithm from the comparison sites which they ask you to provide before they offer up their own. I get that most people will just do that and sign up but for me that's not the type of company I want to be doing business with. I may as well just crack on with the comparison sites since I'm not looking for the cheapest (although cost is a factor).

You either own your space and offer great customer service and/or product or at least offer one... I don't like their approach or their business model. A broker should broker the deal not leverage something else for ultimately their own gain..

Maybe I need to chill out and stop being skeptical, the approach just didn't sit well and feels like a shitty business model that I don't want to contribute to!

geforce
Neutral

Post by geforce » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:06 pm

partymonkey wrote:I seem to recall that AIB insurance were either forum sponsors or supporters in some way in the past.

https://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/product ... -insurance

I can't personally recommend them yet but was going to give them a chance to quote when my renewal comes up in a couple of months (Currently with Admiral). Looks like they have some tailored policies for performance cars and we might get a discount for being forum members?? Might be worth a look??
Thanks, will try! And report back.

geforce
Neutral

Post by geforce » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:07 pm

noidea wrote:I have been with NFU for the last couple of years. Very good cover, no charges for mid term changes and no interest for monthly payment.
You have to call your local branch as they are not on any comparison sites.

Thank you, sounds good to me. Will give them a shout also.

Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Post by Rusty Racer » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:48 am

Agreed! Previously used Adrian Flux but felt mugged off in the end as prices continued to rise each year despite increasing years without claims.
With LV now and can’t fault them. Let’s be honest they are all going to wriggle if you total the car so why pay more?
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

The_Coat
4th Gear

Post by The_Coat » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:53 am

Rs4nutter wrote:Cheapest I could get was with admiral with no black box fitted Image Why you’d want one fitted is beyond me
I've had my B7 with Admiral for 9 years now and they've always been the cheapest for me. The renewal is always more but a quick phone call and haggle gets £100 knocked off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

RS4 Avant - Misano Red

Rs4nutter
1st Gear

Post by Rs4nutter » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:25 am

The_Coat it is my first rs and admiral were the cheapest by miles, still expensive, due to my job, but the cheapest!!

114uyc
2nd Gear

Post by 114uyc » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:23 pm

Rs4nutter wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:25 am
The_Coat it is my first rs and admiral were the cheapest by miles, still expensive, due to my job, but the cheapest!!
Out of curiosity what job increases or decrease car insurance?

Rs4nutter
1st Gear

Post by Rs4nutter » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:52 pm

114uyc I’m an hgv driver, so deemed a high risk!! Had many an argument about this!! Go figure

partymonkey
Neutral

Post by partymonkey » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:18 pm

Just bumping this as my renewal is due in a month or so. Wondering how the OP got on with their investigations in cost vs policy quality etc.
Jon - RS4 B9

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”