rs6 c6 2008, service&maintenance at given KM???

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
RePPo
Neutral

rs6 c6 2008, service&maintenance at given KM???

Post by RePPo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:20 pm

hello, i am new on this site and iv'e been trying to look for a good forum, and this seems like the one. so if im lucky i might get help from a audi veteran/god! :).

i recently bought a audi rs6 c6 2008 modell with 140k on the clock, and i wonder what the specific service/maintenance routines is on this car, what manual should i follow etc?
but i want to double check if there is any specific "components/repairs/maintenance" that NEEDS to be done between the 115000km-140000km mark?

i looked at the service history and there has only been oil change 2 times between 115k-140k, nothing more out of the ordinary. should i be worried?

thanks in advance :)

grahamh84
2nd Gear

Re: rs6 c6 2008, service&maintenance at given KM???

Post by grahamh84 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:26 pm

Heya

Apart from full service (Spark plugs, Engine Oil, Brake fluid) Id get the gearbox oil changed if it hasn't already been done

RePPo
Neutral

Post by RePPo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:43 pm

So there is no 'specific' maintenance/service then beetween 115k-140k then? I mean from what AUDI recommend and would of done from them like parts change etc... when i bought this car it was told EVERYTHING was done according to audi service. But i have warranty to return the car if its been lied under the contract. 1 week left.

Its more like whenever you feel like changing stuff on this type of car? Never had an v10, and insecure about their maintenance schedueles...

Full service is:

Oil change / filter
Gear oil /filter
Brake fluid
Spark plugs
?

Nothing extra/special to worry about maintenance wise from 115-140k then?😊

Thanks for reply man, appreciate it!

grahamh84
2nd Gear

Post by grahamh84 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Heya

Well, depends if you bought the car as standard stock or it is tunned to stage 2 then might need to change things more often. I suggest you get an inspection/health check before the end warranty from an independent garage

I use mine RS6 on a few track days. (RMA Silverstone GP 19th April)
Do my engine oil every 5K and 10k miles, brake fluid, all the usual
Use uprated pads DS2500
AP Racing Discs
Uprated braided brake hoses - Goodridge

General checks
Check levels in the gearbox and replace fluids
Coolant lines checked if they are prone to rust
50p O ring engine oil leaks
DRC pipes and shocks
Geromoty wheel Alignment check

If you are still concerned speak to Vass-Tech in Whitchurch, near Aylesbury or Fontain Motors in Iver near Heathrow as the deal with mine

RePPo
Neutral

Post by RePPo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:25 pm

this car is standard with no tweeks&tuning. all original except new coilovers Kw3 with drc system. it got removed by the previous owner (dont know reason).

then i dont have to worry that much, i have untill next wednesday with the great warranty, but i will later this week go to a garage and get a visual control and checked properly. i was kind of scared when i found this link with the parts/replacements when i got into this car, please take a look...... (no shady site) : https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/2028 ... rt-numbers

is this intervalls with KM/miles just "visual controll" or do you have to change rollers/waterpump/gaskets/thermostats etc.... i was really shocked, but this cant be real? its just normal maintenance and replace when worn down? its a great car and handles well but i want things sorted out before i can settle in peace with this car. i looked at the service between 75k miles to 95k miles.

im from the far north in Norway so it will be hard to get in touch with your tech man :)

Phuketpaul
1st Gear

Post by Phuketpaul » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:51 pm

RePPo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:25 pm
I was kind of scared when i found this link with the parts/replacements when i got into this car, please take a look...... (no shady site) : https://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/2028 ... rt-numbers

is this intervalls with KM/miles just "visual controll" or do you have to change rollers/waterpump/gaskets/thermostats etc.... i was really shocked, but this cant be real? its just normal maintenance and replace when worn down? its a great car and handles well but i want things sorted out before i can settle in peace with this car. i looked at the service between 75k miles to 95k miles.

im from the far north in Norway so it will be hard to get in touch with your tech man :)
That list was for a C5 RS6, the first RS6 with a 4.2V8, easy give away is changing the timing belt....the V10 has chains not belts so relax
2010 RS6 plus Avant, MRC Stage 2 747bhp 1059Nm
2008 Aston Martin DBS Volante
2001 Discovery 2

RePPo
Neutral

Post by RePPo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:26 pm

oh ok, thanks PhuketPaul. then i dont have to worry as much.

its just that i want to know what has to be done after audi's recommendations etc....

but thanks for good&serious replies, i think i can settle in peace with this car then!

as said, i will go to a garage and get it checked out, and go through all the common failures that is known for this type.

-audi newbie :)

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”