Post by Getsumadis » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:16 pm

I have an 08 RS4 Cabrio
Current mods:
Silicone intake elbow
Stage 3+ APR supercharged
High flow 2.5" catted downpipes
Exhaust valve mod(vacuum plugged)

I have a GruppeM intake on the way

Planning on an x-pipe/resonator delete keeping factory axle back.

Would upgrading to 2.75" catless downpipes be worth the expense above the catted ones I've already got, performance and or sound wise?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

pule333
5th Gear

Re: Worth the effort/expense?

Post by pule333 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:48 am

Be much louder, smellier and depending on the system most likely won’t pass MOT. But it’s up to you to decide if it worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

AA_954
1st Gear

Worth the effort/expense?

Post by AA_954 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:46 pm

Getsumadis wrote:I have an 08 RS4 Cabrio
Current mods:
Silicone intake elbow
Stage 3+ APR supercharged
High flow 2.5" catted downpipes
Exhaust valve mod(vacuum plugged)

I have a GruppeM intake on the way

Planning on an x-pipe/resonator delete keeping factory axle back.

Would upgrading to 2.75" catless downpipes be worth the expense above the catted ones I've already got, performance and or sound wise?

Your car is supercharged and could definately benefit from this, for reference some of the AMD Supercharger installs here in the US get 3 inch DP’s installed...

I’m Natutally Aspirated and went with a 2.75 catless downpipe made by Zinram Engineering, (half the cost of some of the other options out there but probably equal in quality), this DP (with the help of some extenders) is paired with a JHM Xpipe / resonated system, it’s loud as it is with cold starts peaking at 111db, my butt impressions is that I sensed some torque gains but I have never dynoed the car so this is all anecdotal

Your car will be very loud without the cats and resonator delete and you most likely will have a significant amount of drone, keeping the stock axleback will still generate restrictions as the pipe diameter is less than most aftermarket options out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Getsumadis
Neutral

Post by Getsumadis » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:55 pm

Well, I live in an area where emissions and inspections are not required. I of course want every ounce of power/performance/ efficiency out of it but I'm kind of wanting a dual natured animal. I want no drone as I'd like to be able to cruise comfortably (not silently) but when I get on it I want eyes wide and jaws dropped lol I also am really hesitant to spend $3000US+ on an exhaust....

Getsumadis
Neutral

Post by Getsumadis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:05 am

OK decided to go with milltek catless dp's and milltek resonated valved cutback as I was able to get both for 1800US shipped from autotalent. Same place I got my GruppeM intake pretty cheap'ish 1150US shipped

AA_954
1st Gear

Post by AA_954 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:34 am

Getsumadis wrote:OK decided to go with milltek catless dp's and milltek resonated valved cutback as I was able to get both for 1800US shipped from autotalent. Same place I got my GruppeM intake pretty cheap'ish 1150US shipped

Awesome, I assume that you are in the US? Have you joined the owners whatsapp and/or discord group chats? Let me know and I will coordinate an invite...

Can’t go wrong with Milltek, a bit tamer than some of the others but still a nice exhaust, are you planning to retune the car? I decided to not buy the Gruppe M intake, it’s a bit of hit or miss getting those installed as some people have gotten codes with it and it’s a real pita to get the intake tube set up correctly to avoid the codes

Getsumadis
Neutral

Post by Getsumadis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:43 am

I spoke to APR about it and they said there is no need to retune, the tune that's already installed with supercharger should automatically compensate for the intake and cat removal/exhaust

AA_954
1st Gear

Post by AA_954 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:45 am

Getsumadis wrote:I spoke to APR about it and they said there is no need to retune, the tune that's already installed with supercharger should automatically compensate for the intake and cat removal/exhaust

Ok thats good, eventually given how you have set it up I’d look into getting a custom tune with the folks at United Motorsports, a few of the folks that I know with the APR kits have gone that route...

Getsumadis
Neutral

Post by Getsumadis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:47 am

I am US based, in The greater Portland, OR area....for the time being.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”