Drivers door wont unlock

2.0 I4 16v turbo - 261bhp
xrtim
Neutral

Drivers door wont unlock

Post by xrtim » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:21 pm

Hi all
This is my first post on the forum, I'm looking for a way to open the Drivers door. This morning the door wouldn't open and no indicator flash when pressing the remote, the passengers door opens on the second press and the interior light comes on. The door won't unlock with the key ( never used it before) but turns freely left and right and won't open with the interior handle and lock/unlock button. After threading myself over the passengers seat into the drivers, car starts but have no drivers or passengers electric windows or wing mirrors. I just need to get the door open so I can sort the problem without hacking the door card to bits to get some access. Anyone got any ideas.
Thanks in advance
Tim

xrtim
Neutral

Re: Drivers door wont unlock

Post by xrtim » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:59 pm

I have got the drivers door open, the front buckets needed to be removed so I had some room to work and this gave me enough room to remove the 3 bolts for the door card and pop most of the fasteners. I had to force and break a couple that were beside the edge of the dash but door card came off. took off the access panel for the lock, all rods connected from key and interior pull but it would not unlock. I decided the the lock needed to come off and with a bit of force it snapped in half giving me access to the locking lever inside and door opened. It was 3 broken wires between the door and A pillar 2 x orange and one black.
All soldered up and windows and wing mirrors working, just need to order the new lock and fit it next week.
Weird how everything went at once.
Tim

Return to “S3 (Typ 8P) 2006-2012”