Build Slots / Dates

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 591 bhp
lem
2nd Gear

Re: Build Slots / Dates

Post by lem » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Has someone had the chance to drive one? I thought they were all just sat in showrooms until the end of Jan? My dealer said they cant be driven yet, then they may register the showroom one and use it as their demo if they cant get another one in as their have already maxed out their allocation on customer orders.
Current:
2024 R8 - Daytona Grey
2023 Mercedes G63 AMG
2022 SQ5 - Grey

Most recent Audi
2020 RS6 Vorsprung - Sebring Black
2017 RS6 Performance - Ascari Blue

535dboy
Top Gear

Post by 535dboy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Yes I’ve driven one

Quite underwhelmed really.

Doesn’t look as good in the flesh as the launch pictures either.

Shame
Currently :
2019 Porsche 992S (£21k of extra toys)
2019 Porsche Macan S (£18k of extra toys)
2015 Lotus Exige V6 ( c430bhp)
2019 Seat Ibiza excellence Lux! (115bhp, 3 cyl, dsg)
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)

Dr P
Neutral

Post by Dr P » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 am

I’m with you, I think Audi or the dealers or both are not showing any kind of respect for their customers. I was absolutely told by a dealer that the cars that were coming in as launch / showroom cars, were to be registered by the dealer and not to be sold under any circumstances for a minimum of three months. The dealer told me that they had been put in no doubt that they would not get another showroom car for at least six months if they found out they had sold the launch car. I know that the nearest dealer to me has already sold their launch car. Dealers are still telling me that there is no discounts to be had at this time yet I have ordered my car through an online dealer with just over 12k of discount and I would not be at all surprised come April onwards if 12k looks like a miserly discount. To cap it off a dealer said to me that most customers will just order the car without seeing or driving it and they would not run a demonstrator despite having multiple dealerships in their group. I am seriously considering cancelling my order and keeping my C7 for another year. I didn’t like the c7 performance ride as much as the c7, I’ve ordered a vorsprung so I’m now wondering if steel springs an 22’s are going to be for me and it seems Audi and or the dealers are not bothered and arrogant enough to assume enough people will just throw 100k + at them and be grateful that they are willing to take it. I noted above that someone is trying to get black wheels on a Vorsprung, at 100k we shouldn’t be trying we should be asking and being told yes of course you can. To me, in the UK we are being treated very badly, the three levels of trim and options are very limiting, the launch cars are a spec we can’t even order yet if I was in NL or Germany etc, I could spec exactly what I want.

Jangobipbip
Neutral

Post by Jangobipbip » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:05 am

Hi there,

I'm from Luxembourg.
Ordered mine in Germany and i must admit, according to what i read, that they know how to treat a customer there.
I could spec mine with Audi Exclusive. Specced it Nimbus Grey, with black/grey interior, and alsaka bleu stitching on many parts.
I'll use RS7 black wheels, but will certainly put satin black HRE, KW springs, and akra later.

April delivery. We'll see

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:30 am

Let's just say that if you know your dealer well, you can get a 5 figure discount already, directly from your dealer.

Yes, it is ridiculous that I can't get the black wheels on the Vorsprung I have ordered, but my dealer has been brilliant trying and will sort it out when the car arrives, by either changing the wheels or having them coated professionally.

My dealer is not letting anyone drive the car until the end of the month like others have said. I was also told that there is an issue with most insurance companies with the launch editions if they were to sell them as they effectively don't exist on any systems as a type of RS6.

Huge differences in different dealers, but as they are independent franchises and not part of Audi, then I guess that is to be expected. Fantastic service from my dealer, although I have had 23 Audis over the years (over half from them).

Anyway, really excited about mine going into production week 8, with mid-March expected delivery. Nardo Grey Vorsprung, Cognac interior.

Oh, and personally, I think the car looks incredible in the flesh and no photos do it justice.

Foxy
2nd Gear

Post by Foxy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:45 am

Dr P wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 am
I’m with you, I think Audi or the dealers or both are not showing any kind of respect for their customers. I was absolutely told by a dealer that the cars that were coming in as launch / showroom cars, were to be registered by the dealer and not to be sold under any circumstances for a minimum of three months. The dealer told me that they had been put in no doubt that they would not get another showroom car for at least six months if they found out they had sold the launch car. I know that the nearest dealer to me has already sold their launch car. Dealers are still telling me that there is no discounts to be had at this time yet I have ordered my car through an online dealer with just over 12k of discount and I would not be at all surprised come April onwards if 12k looks like a miserly discount. To cap it off a dealer said to me that most customers will just order the car without seeing or driving it and they would not run a demonstrator despite having multiple dealerships in their group. I am seriously considering cancelling my order and keeping my C7 for another year. I didn’t like the c7 performance ride as much as the c7, I’ve ordered a vorsprung so I’m now wondering if steel springs an 22’s are going to be for me and it seems Audi and or the dealers are not bothered and arrogant enough to assume enough people will just throw 100k + at them and be grateful that they are willing to take it. I noted above that someone is trying to get black wheels on a Vorsprung, at 100k we shouldn’t be trying we should be asking and being told yes of course you can. To me, in the UK we are being treated very badly, the three levels of trim and options are very limiting, the launch cars are a spec we can’t even order yet if I was in NL or Germany etc, I could spec exactly what I want.
I am with you on all of this, various excuses about tax and WLTP but there's far more flexibility in other countries and while those of us with a good relationship with a dealer may be able to get around some of the restrictions, it won't be the case for everyone. I have a mate who has been put off ordering an RS4 because he doesn't want chrome but also doesn't want black wheels, his preferred carbon option won't allow this so he's going Merc.

I would like cognac leather but not chrome and not prepared to fork out for Vorsprung, I also don't want badges. I am keen to see how a steel sprung car will drive and thought I'd arranged a test drive with my local dealer, but now they won't be registering the car I probably won't get to drive it, unless I play them along which I'd rather not do. All in all I'm disappointed with Audi, seriously tempted to look an Alpina now.

sasha320
2nd Gear

Post by sasha320 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 pm

535dboy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:20 pm
Yes I’ve driven one

Shame
This doesn't surprise me, aside from 4 wheel steer, the car should be dynamically identical to the C7?
Panamera ST Turbo, RS6 (C7), Cayenne Turbo S (958), RS4 (B8), ML63 (2010), 997.1 TT, 997 4S, ML63 (2008), CL55, CLK320, Toyota Corolla GTi 16v, Honda CRX, Passat V6

welwynnick
4th Gear

Post by welwynnick » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:12 pm

It's a completely new car, why would it drive the same as the C7? The road tests say a different story.

They wouldn't even bother to introduce it if it wasn't better.

Nick

giles
2nd Gear

Post by giles » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:04 pm

welwynnick wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:12 pm
It's a completely new car, why would it drive the same as the C7? The road tests say a different story.

They wouldn't even bother to introduce it if it wasn't better.

Nick
Agreed and all the reviews say it drives brilliantly. It is a huge update in so many ways with all the updated tech and looks incredible in the flesh.

I spent an hour with the new RS6 in the showroom. When I drove off in my C7 it seemed dull and dated compared to the new C8.

2 5HAN
1st Gear

Post by 2 5HAN » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 am

535dboy wrote:
Yes I’ve driven one

Shame
Clearly everyone is entitled to their opinion but I am yet to speak to anyone who has seen one in the flesh and not been impressed ?

I personally love all the evolutions of the RS6’s over the years and think Audi have made them look better and better each time.

I will have to reserve judgement on the drive but again the reviews have been good to date.

535dboy
Top Gear

Post by 535dboy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:53 am

2 5HAN wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 am
535dboy wrote:
Yes I’ve driven one

Shame
Clearly everyone is entitled to their opinion but I am yet to speak to anyone who has seen one in the flesh and not been impressed ?

I personally love all the evolutions of the RS6’s over the years and think Audi have made them look better and better each time.

I will have to reserve judgement on the drive but again the reviews have been good to date.
Rose tinted glasses I expect

Too many angular bits going on at the front, same design cue as new A1 sport thus hardly making the £100k RS6 stand out and the back looks like they’ve thought oh gosh we need to make it look like a RS product is wide, let’s tack some bits on to make it wider! Doesn’t flow at all and looks like an after thought.

And as for the price, they have lost their mind. Hopefully nobody pays list price for one as discounts will be just around the corner (and indeed some are already suggesting large discounts of >10%). £80k maybe more realistic.
Currently :
2019 Porsche 992S (£21k of extra toys)
2019 Porsche Macan S (£18k of extra toys)
2015 Lotus Exige V6 ( c430bhp)
2019 Seat Ibiza excellence Lux! (115bhp, 3 cyl, dsg)
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)

Jangobipbip
Neutral

Post by Jangobipbip » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:41 am

Germany offers 15% discount, certainly more later. Still too expensive, but better than nothing.

welwynnick
4th Gear

Post by welwynnick » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:57 am

Yes it's expensive, the RS6 has ALWAYS been expensive.

Performance aside, the motoring press have never been very complimentary about any version of the RS6, but this time round the reviews have been better when taken in comparison with the rest of the German competition (which have themselves seen continuous improvement).

Nick

Jangobipbip
Neutral

Post by Jangobipbip » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:08 am

Definitely. This 2020 seems to be more agile and dynamic. I can not wait to test it on the road.

Foxy
2nd Gear

Post by Foxy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:38 am

Jangobipbip wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:08 am
Definitely. This 2020 seems to be more agile and dynamic. I can not wait to test it on the road.
Sorry but you're quite wrong, according to an expert on here it is dynamically identical to the C7, save for the rear wheel steering, so all those so called motoring journalists claiming it moves the game on are not to be believed, probably on the Audi payroll.

Joking (and jokers) aside, I wouldn't dream of ordering without driving one first, it would be an everyday car for me so I have a lot of questions to ask of it. I agree with 535 boy about the looks, it's very angular and the back end is fussy, but I suspect the car will be quite colour sensitive and the Nardo one I viewed wasn't cleaned so unfair to judge too harshly. My over riding concern is the width of the thing, I now live in the South West where many roads and parking places are narrow, my C7 is enough of a struggle so not sure that I'd find it too easy to live with.

I also agree on the price point, expect to pay more than M5/E63 but not £20k more, I couldn't justify it and though I think the Merc is a very good car the looks don't do it for me at all. If I was in the market right now I would go M5C, but I will sit on my hands for a little while and see what happens.

Return to “RS6 (C8 Typ 5G) 2019-”