Cruising

Re: Faisal's TT - The Turbo Hairdryer

Post by MikeFish » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:08 am

More spamming, more spamming!

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:19 am

First time out on track since the G25-550 went in! My passenger didn’t enjoy it as much as I did! Image

https://youtu.be/NC3C3QMh4TY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:14 am

Looks bloody quick!

You thought about making the spoiler active? I saw a video on YouTube with a guy making his E63 into a track car where he added a huge spoiler (biggest the race regulations would allow) and found that he was gaining massive grip in the corners but losing top end speed on the straights so he put a little actuater onto the spoiler to change the angle. Basically he controlled it via a microswitch under the throttle pedal so if he had his foot flat to the floor the spoiler would go flat and add no downforce but if he lifted off the spoiler would turn to the desired downforce position.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 am

MikeFish wrote:Looks bloody quick!

You thought about making the spoiler active? I saw a video on YouTube with a guy making his E63 into a track car where he added a huge spoiler (biggest the race regulations would allow) and found that he was gaining massive grip in the corners but losing top end speed on the straights so he put a little actuater onto the spoiler to change the angle. Basically he controlled it via a microswitch under the throttle pedal so if he had his foot flat to the floor the spoiler would go flat and add no downforce but if he lifted off the spoiler would turn to the desired downforce position.
I’ve actually said that very same thing to our mad Russian friend - he’s on the case for his clio!

Pretty happy with the top speed. I was hitting 109mph in the dry on the main straight prior to big turbo. Got to 132mph in the wet. Decent.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:44 am

Hey Mike got a link to that vid? Asking for a friend Image

ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:23 pm

pule333 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:44 am

Hey Mike got a link to that vid? Asking for a friend Image

Yeah I'll dig it out.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Sorry took a while to find as it was an E55 not E63.
Check out some of this other videos, guy is a nutter. He bought the wrong coilovers so built a push rod suspension set up in his boot. He also mounted twin turbos in the boot with the intercoolers where the back seat should be. Made the spoiler himself out of carbon.

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:02 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Sorry took a while to find as it was an E55 not E63.
Check out some of this other videos, guy is a nutter. He bought the wrong coilovers so built a push rod suspension set up in his boot. He also mounted twin turbos in the boot with the intercoolers where the back seat should be. Made the spoiler himself out of carbon.
thanks Mike.
my mate watched it and the only comment he has its appalling :biggrin3: window wiper motor? covered with the plastic container? the wing by itself will give him 50kg downforce cos its like a dead ho in the boot! i mean points for trying but points deducted for execution. and on the next video when he testing, its open when it needs to be closed and a long bends at full WOT! there is a reason F1 cars dont have it linked to throttle pedal. and don't even get me started on welding... will report back once my mate finishes his version of DRC wing :boohoo: #ruskiweldshit
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:51 pm

A few pics from Monday

ImageImageImageImageImage

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:34 pm

First time out in 6m! The wang provides a cool mounting point for a camera...

https://youtu.be/Rm-w-bwD3N8

The M3 and two caymans are fellow RS246ers - and the GT3 part of our group too. Excellent fun but I cut it short at lunch after a few spots of oil were spotted under the car after parking up. Being checked out next week.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:36 pm

I was gutted i couldn't do this trackday with you guys.. Glad you all had fun.. Turbo turd looked and sounded excellent on the video..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:55 pm

A few pics from Snetterton

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:58 pm

Latest outing. One wheel didn’t make it.

https://youtu.be/nfXtFr3wqZ4

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun May 02, 2021 9:55 am

It’s been a while! The Turbo Turd was back in action at Donington last week - first outing since July.

Check out the low flying plane on the wang cam!

https://youtu.be/Km6jJ_7mykY[IMG]https: ... b1717.jpeg[/IMG]

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Jon Olds
Neutral

Post by Jon Olds » Wed May 05, 2021 8:25 am

Nice work
Jon

Return to “Readers' Rides”