Tin worm

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Jon_J
5th Gear

Re: Tin worm

Post by Jon_J » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 am

12th wrote:Dealership took a look and forwarded photos to Audi UK yesterday, so we'll see where we go.

Thanks for the pointers.
Cool. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

12th
3rd Gear

Post by 12th » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:13 pm

Having been seen at the end of last year, I began enquiring in April as to why I hadn't heard (they originally said it would take a few months). Cue a series of letters to which I received no response, including one to the dealership's head office (Sytners). Involved Audi UK and apparently local dealer declined it on the spot without saying anything - useless fuckers.

Will not be using Audi again for anything.
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Saloon with MRC tweakery.

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:36 pm

12th wrote:Having been seen at the end of last year, I began enquiring in April as to why I hadn't heard (they originally said it would take a few months). Cue a series of letters to which I received no response, including one to the dealership's head office (Sytners). Involved Audi UK and apparently local dealer declined it on the spot without saying anything - useless fuckers.

Will not be using Audi again for anything.
Just deal with Audi UK or go to a different dealer.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:38 pm

I had zero help from Edinburgh Audi when I wanted them to put in a claim for the rear arches. Perth Audi were so much better even though they would only cover one rear arch in the end.

The problem really is the individual dealer, if the claim does not even make it to the Audi UK HQ, there is not much they can do about it. I can imagine your frustration though.

My advice is to find a bodyshop with a good reputation and have them go over the whole car. A good bodyshop will do a much better job than an Audi dealership would ever do anyway, they simply do not have the time.

The B7 platform is known to rust around the rear light clusters, front and rear arches, front cross member area and on the lower sections on the doors.

Front and rear subframes will likely need work as well given the ages of these cars.

As always, constant money pit!
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

James1984
3rd Gear

Post by James1984 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Worse part on my car is around the jacking points, the undertrays are cut around them and dirt and water sit in there
2007 B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, custom home made air feed, H&R Coilovers, H&R anti roll bars, 10mm H&R Spacers, Milltek decat downpipes, Milltek Non Res Valved Exhaust, Reyland Motorsports front & rear discs with Hel braided Hoses, full underbody overhauled inc powdercoated subframes and arms, 034 solid subframe bushes and every joint, arm or bush replaced.

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Right enough my one had to have work done on the sills so I guess this was the reason why?

Good steam cleaning and underseal required before winter sets in I think.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

James1984
3rd Gear

Post by James1984 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:56 pm

coffey555 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:05 pm
Right enough my one had to have work done on the sills so I guess this was the reason why?

Good steam cleaning and underseal required before winter sets in I think.
Ive just cleaned mine up with a grinder wire brush, primed painted and spray on wax pulled stuff, should keep it right for a while.
2007 B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, custom home made air feed, H&R Coilovers, H&R anti roll bars, 10mm H&R Spacers, Milltek decat downpipes, Milltek Non Res Valved Exhaust, Reyland Motorsports front & rear discs with Hel braided Hoses, full underbody overhauled inc powdercoated subframes and arms, 034 solid subframe bushes and every joint, arm or bush replaced.

12th
3rd Gear

Post by 12th » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:17 am

Thanks, guys.

I am thinking of going down the private route, and any experiences around the door trims which go 'wavy' greatly appreciated as they'll need doing.

It was Audi UK who I was dealing with at the end, and am going down the local indy route from now on.

Leics Audi's hourly rate is now around £250, has gone up by 50% over the last five years or so and the quality of work is poorer. Sod them, frankly!

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:26 am

The lower trims on the bottom of the doors? Water gets in and de-bonds them, causing them to lift and go wavy. They can be removed by unscrewing the fasters on the inside bottom of the doors. I fixed one by cleaning it up , filling the void with araldite glue and then putting the trim in clamps for 24h hours. The trim was good for a few year before it started to lift in a different place. Pretty sure somebody did a guide on here which I used.

All my ones have been replaced now but pretty sure it is mostly the front ones that give problems.

viewtopic.php?t=99044
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

mikep99
4th Gear

Post by mikep99 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:25 am

I did my drivers door blade.
2 minute job but the blade was about £120 from Audi if I remember correctly.
£20 for paint at the body Shop and all sorted.

Mike

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

HPsauce
4th Gear

Post by HPsauce » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:51 am

mikep99 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:25 am

Mike

Probably NLA (No Longer Available) from Audi these days, when was that? My son (well his wife actually) ripped a door blade off his S4 on a fence post a few months back and Audi no longer had them, nor presumably the RS4 version (same or different?).
Obsolete at around 10 years due to low production volumes! :audibash:

I managed to get one for him from Audi Tradition, where all the remaining stock had gone. That in itself was a mission, via an independent parts supplier in Germany as I wasn't allowed to buy from AT any more!
Basic price was probably in that same ball-park but with the AT mark-up, independent (quite reasonable) handling charges and two lots of shipping it racked up to rather more. Plus the panel repairs and painting, but it looked good in the end.

And not long after all that he traded it in for a BMW X5 with an even bigger (4.4L) petrol V8! :shock:

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm

HPsauce wrote:
mikep99 wrote:

Mike

Probably NLA (No Longer Available) from Audi these days, when was that? My son (well his wife actually) ripped a door blade off his S4 on a fence post a few months back and Audi no longer had them, nor presumably the RS4 version (same or different?).

I managed to get one for him from Audi Tradition, where all the remaining stock had gone. That in itself was a mission, via an independent parts supplier in Germany as I wasn't allowed to buy from AT any more!
Basic price was probably in that same ball-park but with the AT mark-up, independent (quite reasonable) handling charges and two lots of shipping it racked up to rather more. Plus the panel repairs and painting, but it looked good in the end.

And not long after all that he traded it in for a BMW X5 with an even bigger (4.4L) petrol V8! :shock:
I bought one earlier this year.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

mikep99
4th Gear

Post by mikep99 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:46 pm

The door blades are actually the same as the standard B6 models, not B7s.
Did a lot of reading when I did mine a couple of years ago. There are a few different versions for different models.

Mike

12th
3rd Gear

Post by 12th » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:03 pm

Jon_J wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm
HPsauce wrote:
mikep99 wrote:

Mike

Can I ask where from?

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:16 pm

12th wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm
HPsauce wrote: Probably NLA (No Longer Available) from Audi these days, when was that? My son (well his wife actually) ripped a door blade off his S4 on a fence post a few months back and Audi no longer had them, nor presumably the RS4 version (same or different?).

Can I ask where from?
TPS.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”