RELAY ADVICE PLEASE

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: RELAY ADVICE PLEASE

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:34 pm

OMG...please, you're over thinking this.

1) Drive to Audi or TPS
2) Give them this part number 8E0 951 253 and say I'll have 2 of those please.
3) They'll say that part has been replaced by XYZ part.
4) You say, that's fine I'll have 2 of those then please.
5) Pay the man.
6) Go fit them to your car, replacing the 2 existing 614 relays.

Trust me it will be fine, I have swapped them myself. As have many others.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:23 pm

You have asked for advice on a few issues now and I get that it’s frustrating but <beep> me, listen to what experienced folk are telling you about issues they have dealt with.

Cheers :thumbs:

WRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WRS4 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm

I get what your saying, but when Audi tell me something else you cant blame me for asking question lads ? ok so went to Audi in person, the bloke can hardly speak English so that wasn't a great start, then they only had 1 relay in stock ffs so just my luck, I got the one which indeed has 644 printed onto it, so as I can only get the one, and the fact I only have one audi dealer near me and to be fair that's 40 minutes away, which one of the two do I change ? the middle one or the one on the right protruding further out ?

And I do appreciate the help, but I am a master builder, ask me anything about building I am your man, as for cars I know nothing so yes I get your advising me but it don't help when Audi tell me something different so fairs fair, would appreciate knowing which to change and I will do it in the morning, cheers
Sprint Blue RS4 - 20" X 10J 3DSM Wheels - Carbon Front Splitter - Carbon Rear Diffuser - H & R Anti Roll Bars - Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - Milltek Exhaust System - De Catted - Valve Removed - MRC Stage 2 Re-Map - 480 bhp

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:01 pm

No one is blaming you for asking questions. Out of the lads on here and some fanny at Audi, I know which one I would be listening to.

Hope you get it sorted and get her back on the road.

Cheers :thumbs:

WRS4
2nd Gear

Post by WRS4 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:16 pm

Quick update as this may help others in the future....

Replaced all the 3 relays under the ECU, and so far in the last 2+ months the car intermittent starting issue has not happened again. From what I gather this issue is pretty common yet no one usually knows how to fix the issue. Obviously I am not saying it cant be other things but replacing the 3 relays seems to have fixed my issue. Ive probably jinxed myself now haha but fingers crossed. Cheers for all advice previously given
Sprint Blue RS4 - 20" X 10J 3DSM Wheels - Carbon Front Splitter - Carbon Rear Diffuser - H & R Anti Roll Bars - Bilstein Adjustable Shocks - Milltek Exhaust System - De Catted - Valve Removed - MRC Stage 2 Re-Map - 480 bhp

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 am

Just fixed my starting issue after replacing relays upgrading battery when the Shop said it wasn't the starter (have a brand new one for sale if someone needs ones). Anyway a friend in Iran of all places said try the ignition barrel (£11 part) and hay bingo all seems good a d she started first time for the first time in ages today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvp334wj47K ... ipfee7bnvc

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1934644224
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”