MOT history .gov.uk model discrepancies

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
energybutton
Neutral

MOT history .gov.uk model discrepancies

Post by energybutton » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi,

I'm currently in the market for a B7 RS4. While looking at MOT histories on the .gov.uk site some RS4's are coming back as A4's, some as S4's and others are showing correctly as RS4's.

Cross referencing the cars in reference with other sites such as autotrader's free car valuation and carzana suggests the cars which show as A4/S4 on the .gov.uk site are showing as RS4's but surely the .gov.uk site should be correct?

Has anyone noticed this before and if so is it something I should be worried about?

12th
3rd Gear

Re: MOT history .gov.uk model discrepancies

Post by 12th » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 am

I'm not sure who registers them originally. If it's the main dealer (as I suspect), I would expect mistakes. But the physical differences between an RS and any other A4 are pretty significant - I'd almost doff my cap to anyone who had done a good enough job that someone who knew their onions couldn't tell the difference. Wheelarches, aluminium bonnet/boot etc etc.
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Saloon with MRC tweakery.

energybutton
Neutral

Post by energybutton » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Thanks for the response, I think you're probably right about it being an error when first registering the car.

I'm going to view a RS4 on Friday morning which the .gov.uk site suggests is an "S4", so we'll see what happens.

I was curious if the issue had popped up for anyone previously when buying/selling a car or even if they were curious enough to look up their car to see what it comes back as.

alex760
1st Gear

Post by alex760 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Just done this on mine and it comes up as an A4 on the .gov site. Like you say probably just from when it was originally registered so I wouldn't worry about it as long as all is good on the H.P.I checks etc.

Chinny
2nd Gear

Post by Chinny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Just checked mine also is showing as an A4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”