Reverse dipping n/s mirror & Auto Folding Mirror Coding

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
MrBlueSky
Neutral

Reverse dipping n/s mirror & Auto Folding Mirror Coding

Post by MrBlueSky » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 pm

Anyone able to confirm if these can be coded on a 2006 B7 Cab and detailed VCDS instructions if yes.

Mirrors can be folded using drivers mirror control button

Jon_J
5th Gear

Re: Reverse dipping n/s mirror & Auto Folding Mirror Coding

Post by Jon_J » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:13 am

MrBlueSky wrote:Anyone able to confirm if these can be coded on a 2006 B7 Cab and detailed VCDS instructions if yes.

Assuming it is a B7 with standard mirrors and not RS mirrors, no they can’t. No VCDS coding options.

Word of warning too, the folding mirror motors are not the same as modern Audi mirror motors, they were never designed to fold each time you lock the car, they’ll break really quickly if you fold them every time you lock the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

MrBlueSky
Neutral

Post by MrBlueSky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 pm

Jon_J wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:13 am
MrBlueSky wrote:Anyone able to confirm if these can be coded on a 2006 B7 Cab and detailed VCDS instructions if yes.

Assuming it is a B7 with standard mirrors and not RS mirrors, no they can’t. No VCDS coding options.

Word of warning too, the folding mirror motors are not the same as modern Audi mirror motors, they were never designed to fold each time you lock the car, they’ll break really quickly if you fold them every time you lock the car.

My bad, should have said in the title its an RS4 so yes they are RS mirrors. Does that mean they can be coded? Not worried about auto fold on locking as take the point about not being modern design. Would like the paxvmirror dip in reverse to avoid kerbing alloys. Any thoughts?

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:33 am

MrBlueSky wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:13 am

My bad, should have said in the title its an RS4 so yes they are RS mirrors. Does that mean they can be coded? Not worried about auto fold on locking as take the point about not being modern design. Would like the paxvmirror dip in reverse to avoid kerbing alloys. Any thoughts?
No doing option for dipping the mirrors either I am afraid. I’m sure with some thought you could take a feed from the reverse circuit to the mirror adjustment switch to make it work.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”