The Mapping coin

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Toffeebananas
1st Gear

Re: The Mapping coin

Post by Toffeebananas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 pm

uplandsway wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am
MikeFish wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 am
My warranty runs out in a few weeks. Renew warranty or remap? Hmmm
Mike,

You know you wanna remap.

I have spare fuel pumps for you too when they arrive from US (dont ask), exactly the same as what MRC supply i just tried to get cheaper and failed.

will be available anyhow
Did I hear there was a cheap fuel pump going? 🤔

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:22 pm

Toffeebananas wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 pm
uplandsway wrote:
MikeFish wrote:
Mike,

I have spare fuel pumps for you too when they arrive from US (dont ask), exactly the same as what MRC supply i just tried to get cheaper and failed.

will be available anyhow
I will have spare fuel pumps x 2 when they arrive, same as MRC and alike supply.

Genuine reason for sale:- I bought cheaper elsewhere, they now stuck in customs and they aint gonna be there for my stage 2 tune, had to get MRC to pull me out the <beep> and they have supplied :jump_clap: :jump_clap:

Cant say for sure when they are gonna be available but they are shipped and on way..days, weeks or poss a month.

First come first served. they are circa £400 retail each, you obviously require 2.

That the pumps anyhow https://autotech.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S ... 0-127-101K
Cheers,
Stevie F
2016 C7.5 RS6 Performance

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:23 pm

gsc wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 am
So did this at the weekend, currently APR stage 1 with their catted Downpipes mated to OE sports exhaust with resonators and muffler removed plus Piper Ross filter. I haven’t messed with plugs, pumps or injectors.

I’ve had this set up on the car for just over 8 months but never tested what difference there was after having just the ECU file. With the file only it was 680bhp and 1025NM.

Now 722bhp and 1104NM / 815ft lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You must be located pretty close to me as thats just through the tunnel from my end, performance centre in Sunderland is good for dyno and the lads are sound https://www.performance-centre.co.uk/

Nice RS7 too :rocker:
Cheers,
Stevie F

gsc
2nd Gear

Post by gsc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:40 pm

uplandsway wrote:
gsc wrote:
So did this at the weekend, currently APR stage 1 with their catted Downpipes mated to OE sports exhaust with resonators and muffler removed plus Piper Ross filter. I haven’t messed with plugs, pumps or injectors.

I’ve had this set up on the car for just over 8 months but never tested what difference there was after having just the ECU file. With the file only it was 680bhp and 1025NM.

You must be located pretty close to me as thats just through the tunnel from my end, performance centre in Sunderland is good for dyno and the lads are sound https://www.performance-centre.co.uk/

Performance Centre is where I got the initial stage 1 ECU file figures measured but it is in the land of the unwashed and JM Imports is just up the road from me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:03 pm

gsc wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:40 pm
uplandsway wrote:
gsc wrote:

Performance Centre is where I got the initial stage 1 ECU file figures measured but it is in the land of the unwashed and JM Imports is just up the road from me.

I feel your pain.
Cheers,
Stevie F

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:15 pm

Toffeebananas wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 pm
uplandsway wrote:
MikeFish wrote:
Mike,

will be available anyhow
There WAS, now SOLD :jump_clap: :kissmyrings:
Cheers,
Stevie F

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:22 pm

gsc wrote:
uplandsway wrote:
gsc wrote:

H

Performance Centre is where I got the initial stage 1 ECU file figures measured but it is in the land of the unwashed and JM Imports is just up the road from me,

Performance center Seem a good outfit, I need a little more province for the RS6 for me personally maybe more just piece of mind rather than anything else. I will however take it over for a Dyno run and maybe for them to get a new airbox in like mikes, thing looks incredible . Airbox envy Mike :bigblink:

gsc, the 7 is looking great . And great figures she sounds a weapon! Are you seeming most of your torque gain mid range? Could you post your print out if possible gsc from the RR by any chance?

Spoke to DMS today, as with Others have said with there chosen mapper, I have used them twice now and had a good service with quality results so I'm just setting it up for the map hopefully within the next few weeks.

I'm also hearing that taking the ECU out and plugging in on the pins to code is a lot better with seeing the maps on plug in initially rather than straight in to the OBD, obvisiouly this is won't stand up if they start looking in to data as we know but I'll see what exactly what the diffrence is later when I've spoke to the techs .
Last edited by Anth on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2014 911 991 C4S PDK White
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2012 911 997 MK2 PDK Silver
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:23 pm

Anth wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:22 pm
gsc wrote:
uplandsway wrote:

Performance center Seem a good outfit, I need a little more province for the RS6 for me personally .

gsc, the 7 is looking great . And great figures she sounds a weapon! Are you seeming most of your tourqe gain mid range? Could you post your print out if possible gsc from the RR by any chance?

Spoke to DMS today, as with Others have said with there chosen mapper, I have used them twice now and had a good service with quality results so I'm just setting it up for the map hopefully within the next few weeks. I'm also hearing that taking the ECU out and plugging in on the pins to code is a lot better go seeing the maps on plug in initially rather than straight in to the OBD, obvisiouly this is won't stand up if they start looking in to data as we know but I'll see what exactly what the diffrence is later when I've spoke to the techs .
Performance Centre for Dyno runs :wink:
Cheers,
Stevie F

Daveperc
Cruising

Post by Daveperc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Will be interesting to see the printouts.

Just an observation having stood and watched Doug on the MRC Dyno - he always does several runs and tweaks various of the variables in the map to get the best curve etc as he does so. I guess many of the map first, dyno later, suppliers don't do this fine tuning.

Personally I like the fact that the map is done to suit me and my car. :boots:

gsc
2nd Gear

Post by gsc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:11 pm

Print out as requested, decent curvature. Figures based on 15% drivetrain losesImage

gsc
2nd Gear

Post by gsc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Daveperc wrote:Will be interesting to see the printouts.

Just an observation having stood and watched Doug on the MRC Dyno - he always does several runs and tweaks various of the variables in the map to get the best curve etc as he does so. I guess many of the map first, dyno later, suppliers don't do this fine tuning.

Thing is Dave, on stage 1 I doubt the gains you'd get from custom tuning over standard / generic are worth the time or effort, definitely won't feel them. Stage 2+ I can understand

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:07 pm

gsc wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:13 pm
Daveperc wrote:Will be interesting to see the printouts.

Thing is Dave, on stage 1 I doubt the gains you'd get from custom tuning over standard / generic are worth the time or effort, definitely won't feel them. Stage 2+ I can understand

I've been told that a number of times . Maybe squeeze a few HP extra but unnoticeable, the bespoke tune will still have athe base map just adjusted slightly, it's not some specific map just for that individual car from scratch .
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

uplandsway
3rd Gear

Post by uplandsway » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:16 pm

Anth wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:22 pm
gsc wrote:
uplandsway wrote: H

Performance Centre is where I got the initial stage 1 ECU file figures measured but it is in the land of the unwashed and JM Imports is just up the road from me,

Performance center Seem a good outfit, I need a little more province for the RS6 for me personally maybe more just piece of mind rather than anything else. I will however take it over for a Dyno run and maybe for them to get a new airbox in like mikes, thing looks incredible . Airbox envy Mike :bigblink:

gsc, the 7 is looking great . And great figures she sounds a weapon! Are you seeming most of your torque gain mid range? Could you post your print out if possible gsc from the RR by any chance?

Spoke to DMS today, as with Others have said with there chosen mapper, I have used them twice now and had a good service with quality results so I'm just setting it up for the map hopefully within the next few weeks.

I'm also hearing that taking the ECU out and plugging in on the pins to code is a lot better with seeing the maps on plug in initially rather than straight in to the OBD, obvisiouly this is won't stand up if they start looking in to data as we know but I'll see what exactly what the diffrence is later when I've spoke to the techs .

Have messaged you fella.
Cheers,
Stevie F

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Evening all,

Ok RS6 is with DMS tomorrow for stage 1, I'm also doing the Sparks to uprated , although I don't think it has to be done more I ordered them and they need using !

Car is being taken to 720bhp and aprox. 950nM flywheel . So huge really in the world of performance gains for the RS6 I didn't come close on the 911.

Once complete I will do a full review, I have chosen DMS as they have been around for many many years, I have used them before, and the sheer amount of prestige vehicles they deal with on a daily basis, I belive there RS maps will be of quality I do have some stats I've been sent over from Santa Pod with the same software used from DMS , the times are impressive to say the least. I'll post shortly with them .
2017 C7 RS6 PE Nardo
2013 M6 Cab Blk
2007 RS4 Cab Grey

Anth
3rd Gear

Post by Anth » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 pm

DMS Tuned RS6 C7
Attachments
image.jpg