Any good offers on these?

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
UES
Neutral

Any good offers on these?

Post by UES » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:52 pm

Been offered an BMW M4 comp at £599 a month and £3900 deposit with a hefty 14k contribution or discount effectively.
Are there any RS4 offers which come close to that around at the moment?

RS4John
3rd Gear

Re: Any good offers on these?

Post by RS4John » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Given that you couldn't even go to a dealer in the UK right now and place an RS4 order with a known delivery date that'd be a no.

Beware of manufacturers throwing massive discounts at new cars as it crushes the residual values of the used vehicles - GM Europe did it to all their brands including Saab and went out of business. So that M4 will likely lose £18k plus all of the VAT in the sale the moment you sign on the dotted line...scary isn't it?
Last edited by RS4John on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Really didn't know that thanks John

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Bloody hell fire, so cheap M4's are on their way
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

RS4John
3rd Gear

Post by RS4John » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:17 pm

The cute thing to do when you know that the Mfr is doing crazy deals on new cars like an M4 is to go looking for a 6-12 month old used example in your ideal spec - you already know what the depreciation from new would be like and dealer only pays VAT on the profit of a used car so that initial value drop is massively reduced.

The same goes for B9 RS4s - there are some used ones for sale - including fully loaded ex-press fleet cars (there are at least three of us here with such things) which you can haggle for sensible money. Stick on a private plate and get it professionally detailed and have two reasons for a really stupid grin. :beerchug:
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 pm

Do you mind sharing the sort of deal you got John, discount, monthlies etc. Understand if not but if you could PM I’d appreciate it

RS4John
3rd Gear

Post by RS4John » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 pm

PM sent
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

Zed
Neutral

Post by Zed » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:06 am

John,

Ditto from me. Got rid of my RS3 this time last year and am looking to get back into an RS and think I can sell the practicality of the RS4 to the other half!!

Gig80
Neutral

Post by Gig80 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:10 pm

I can second John on the second hand market of the rs4.
The first question for me though would be what car do you want as the rs4 and m4 are two different cars, I would have said the m4 and rs5 or m3 and rs4.

Like John I have an ex press car full of toys and have been keeping an eye on market of the rs4 since they have been taken from production line.
And there’s a couple of deals to be had but the prices are starting to rise for the nearly new examples.

I must say though that the m4 deal you’ve been given seems really good, what’s the specifics on that if you don’t mind me asking

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Deal is here

https://www.stratstone.com/new-cars/bmw ... fer/13519/

It's actually at £17.2k BMW contribution, I have a build slot available just need to decide on spec, got to be registered before end f March, base spec but seems a good deal to be especially being comp pack.

Markp
5th Gear

Post by Markp » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:11 pm

I would ignore the 17.2k contribution. As ever, it is the cost to own, rather than any "discount" that matters. BMW offer huge discounts on most of their cars as a way to draw people in - if they were more honest they would stop using such inflated list prices.
If you are happy to spend 32,200 "renting" a M4 for 32,000 miles over 4 years then do it. It is not a bad price. An RS4 will cost you up to 10k more over the same period I expect.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 am

Markp wrote: If you are happy to spend 32,200 "renting" a M4 for 32,000 miles over 4 years then do it. It is not a bad price.
It’s bonkers when you put it like that!

I could never stomach the depreciation on a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:32 am

Markp wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:11 pm
I would ignore the 17.2k contribution. As ever, it is the cost to own, rather than any "discount" that matters. BMW offer huge discounts on most of their cars as a way to draw people in - if they were more honest they would stop using such inflated list prices.
If you are happy to spend 32,200 "renting" a M4 for 32,000 miles over 4 years then do it. It is not a bad price. An RS4 will cost you up to 10k more over the same period I expect.
100%, the only figure that matters is the cost over the term, all other numbers such as discount etc are largely irrelevant. The inaccurate advice being dished out on this thread is laughable, especially the remark about picking up 6mth used car instead of new, to save money! A 6 month old car's RV will have its steep deprecation built into it (at least 20% as soon as it leaves the forecourt!), so you may save a few K on screen price, but in the background you will be loosing/spending/funding thousands on deprecation! Residuals are fixed from the manufacturer across the life of the car, they do not vary, they then try too manipulate the market to keep in line with those residuals.

2 real-world examples currently in the market:

March 2018(18) M4 - 5k miles on the clock - Screen price of £45,826
BMW finance are quoting a £24,558.63 RV after 3 years.
CAP 'clean trade value for that car is currently £40,370.

March 2018(18) RS4 - 6k on the clock Screen price £61,995.
Audi finance are quoting a £26,362.50 RV after 3 years.
CAP 'clean trade value for that car is currently £44,630.

The RS4 is significantly more expensive to begin with, has significantly less discount to begin with, yet still commands roughly the same used values and residuals. The M4 is therefore significantly cheaper to buy over the length of the ownership I would estimate by c£10-15k on an average screen price v cost.

Audi screen values are artificially inflated to try and manipulate the market, they lull people into thinking their car is residually strong when in reality they simply depreciate like any other brand, it's just Audi hoover up the car's money that you put in instead of you banking that after the discount you might have got at another brand. They then scaremonger by saying x brand destroy residuals by discounting cars, that's utter nonsense.

An RS4 v M4 is hardly an apples v apples comparison for usage, but the exercise would still apply on an M3 etc.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:53 am

kmpowell wrote:
Markp wrote:
100%, the only figure that matters is the cost over the term, all other numbers such as discount etc are largely irrelevant. The inaccurate advice being dished out on this thread is laughable, especially the remark about picking up 6mth used car instead of new, to save money! A 6 month old car's RV will have its steep deprecation built into it (at least 20% as soon as it leaves the forecourt!), so you may save a few K on screen price, but in the background you will be loosing/spending/funding thousands on deprecation! Residuals are fixed from the manufacturer across the life of the car, they do not vary, they then try too manipulate the market to keep in line with those residuals.

The RS4 is significantly more expensive to begin with, has significantly less discount to begin with, yet still commands roughly the same used values and residuals. The M4 is therefore significantly cheaper to buy over the length of the ownership I would estimate by c£10-15k on an average screen price v cost.

Audi screen values are artificially inflated to try and manipulate the market, they lull people into thinking their car is residually strong when in reality they simply depreciate like any other brand, it's just Audi hoover up the car's money that you put in instead of you banking that after the discount you might have got at another brand. They then scaremonger by saying x brand destroy residuals by discounting cars, that's utter nonsense.

An RS4 v M4 is hardly an apples v apples comparison for usage, but the exercise would still apply on an M3 etc.
You’re assuming that those GFV’s have some relationship with reality

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:59 am

FaisalJ wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:53 am
kmpowell wrote:
Markp wrote:

You’re assuming that those GFV’s have some relationship with reality

Indeed, those are best case scenarios if you keep the car for the term, reality is you will be worse off if you sell early on in the cycle.

At Christmas I traded in my car which had a current CAP value that was the same as the RV which was quoted to me for November this year(!), they really are guideposts at best.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”