BC Racing Coilovers

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
alex760
1st Gear

Re: BC Racing Coilovers

Post by alex760 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:46 pm

Cov that does look fantastic on the 20's :thumbs:

Cheers for the input fellas, I think I'll do the best I can to get it set even and then the place that does the alignment I'm gonna use also does corner weighting so will see what they say.

Double checked and the drivers side was a couple of mm lower so have compensated for that today and it is alot better :mrgreen:

Shockerboy
2nd Gear

Post by Shockerboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm

With the Hundreds of cars we have lowered over the years and having been in the suspension industry for 30 Years , i am yet to get a defining answer from manufacturers as to how far out the ride heights on standard cars ( from left to right ) has to be before they would call it an issue . BMW said anything less than 12 mm they consider normal. Of course on a lowered car 12mm will immediately make the car LOOK cock eye . .
The RS4 type chassis is most definately much easier to corner balance up perfectly compared to say a GOLF R or Audi S3 for obvious reasons . ( engine and motor in one corner )
Covkiller, did you balance the car to move weight forwards or rear wards, or to accomodate your weight ? what improvement did you feel after ?
What i was trying to say in the earlier statement is that a Standard RS4 should balance up perfect with the coil overs set at identical height from left to right , If adjustments were made to include the driver then normally the N S strut would be pretensioned to balance the drivers weight over to the N S .
My personal Race cars would be corner weighted to each track to increase grip on the wheel more likely to spin on exit of the corners . As always you will sometimes forfeit a few corners to improve a greater number of corners . we didnt corner weight to achive identical weight on each corner however as this might not be ideal on every track.
I agree that suspension set ups are very emotional and personal , not everyone is looking to achive the same results . One mans comfort is another mans poor handling car . One great handling car is another mans harsher ride nightmare .

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 pm

Mine, set for road...
Attachments
F8556BE5-097E-4E34-AAE7-B20F657A0263.jpeg
64D491EB-E9FC-4E62-8B3C-AFC692A88AB1.jpeg

James1984
3rd Gear

Post by James1984 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:03 am

is shifting the weight the reason Audi only lowered the rear of the SS+ cars?
2007 B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, custom home made air feed, H&R Coilovers, H&R anti roll bars, 10mm H&R Spacers, Milltek decat downpipes, Milltek Non Res Valved Exhaust, Reyland Motorsports front & rear discs with Hel braided Hoses, full underbody overhauled inc powdercoated subframes and arms, 034 solid subframe bushes and every joint, arm or bush replaced.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Shockerboy wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm
With the Hundreds of cars we have lowered over the years and having been in the suspension industry for 30 Years , i am yet to get a defining answer from manufacturers as to how far out the ride heights on standard cars ( from left to right ) has to be before they would call it an issue . BMW said anything less than 12 mm they consider normal. Of course on a lowered car 12mm will immediately make the car LOOK cock eye . .
The RS4 type chassis is most definately much easier to corner balance up perfectly compared to say a GOLF R or Audi S3 for obvious reasons . ( engine and motor in one corner )
Covkiller, did you balance the car to move weight forwards or rear wards, or to accomodate your weight ? what improvement did you feel after ?
What i was trying to say in the earlier statement is that a Standard RS4 should balance up perfect with the coil overs set at identical height from left to right , If adjustments were made to include the driver then normally the N S strut would be pretensioned to balance the drivers weight over to the N S .
My personal Race cars would be corner weighted to each track to increase grip on the wheel more likely to spin on exit of the corners . As always you will sometimes forfeit a few corners to improve a greater number of corners . we didnt corner weight to achive identical weight on each corner however as this might not be ideal on every track.
I agree that suspension set ups are very emotional and personal , not everyone is looking to achive the same results . One mans comfort is another mans poor handling car . One great handling car is another mans harsher ride nightmare .
My car is focused to shift weight forward and corner weighted with my weight in the drivers seat and weights in the boot to represent a full tank of fuel. After tuning my car felt more focused and confident, turned in more sharply and handled at speed through bends better by a vast margin. Going round and round a roundabout showed the understeer had gone. On a bumpy road it felt more stable too.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Did you get the print out of the numbers from CoG Cov? Be interested to compare.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Yes, I'll have to scan and post them, may not be until Sunday though as off to the Autosport International show at the NEC all day tomorrow, can't bliddy wait.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Looks good there, Doug’s shared a few pictures of epic machines. Plus one of the monster trucks fell over, lol

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Last edited by Covkiller on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks for posting. Might want to blank out the vin though. What are the corner weight measurements?

alex760
1st Gear

Post by alex760 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:21 am

Yea cheers Cov and marc, it's helpful for me at least to see how you guys have yours setu

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”