Anyone know this RS4 Avant?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
UES
Neutral

Anyone know this RS4 Avant?

Post by UES » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi guys
I’m new here, I have been looking at getting a B7 RS4 for a while missed out on a lovely saloon but saw this Avant and wondered if anyone knew of the car. Looks to have been well cared for.

https://www.adcarsalesuk.co.uk/used-car ... eType=cars

FrazerD
4th Gear

Re: Anyone know this RS4 Avant?

Post by FrazerD » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 pm

It doesn’t mention anything about the common problems and the trouble with buying a lower mileage one, chances are you will spend more to get it then spend a lot sorting the common faults when they go wrong as they probably haven’t yet.

Cheers :thumbs:

weekenny
2nd Gear

Post by weekenny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:23 pm

The front bumper looks to be a poor colour match and badly fitted. Also I’d place silver as the least desirable colour choice.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Agreed on both points above, mudflaps are also drilled into the car bodywork I believe.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:55 pm

FrazerD wrote:It doesn’t mention anything about the common problems and the trouble with buying a lower mileage one, chances are you will spend more to get it then spend a lot sorting the common faults when they go wrong as they probably haven’t yet.

Not sure I agree with that. Mine has done 45000, Drc has gone but not a huge expense. Otherwise it’s lovely and none of the wear and tear you get from higher mileage ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Jon_J wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:55 pm
Not sure I agree with that. Mine has done 45000, Drc has gone but not a huge expense. Otherwise it’s lovely and none of the wear and tear you get from higher mileage ones.

Not a huge expense but an expense none the less, along with oil cooler, auxiliary raidiators, clutch, brakes. My point is that none of these will of been done so will need done at some point so you will pay more for a low mileage car and then spend on sorting common faults when they rear their head.

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks for the info and opinions guys. Here’s my take on any car. Yes it may need money spending on it but every car does at some point. I’m the type who enjoys maintaining a vehicle to the highest standard. On this particular example there’s a few things I like which lead me to believe it’s been well cared for.

Firstly love or hate them anyone who takes the time and expense to fit OEM mud flaps shows they care, I myself would fit these and have done to every car. Ace I fly it’s had new brakes and pads and has pilot sports all round. Granted the front bumper looks a little off but from what I can see all panel gaps look good on the car. I disagree on the colour to me any car looks great in silver had many myself and may put some off but not a concern.

The interior on this also looks to have been well cared for, plastics and seats look excellent, steering wheel a little shiny but nothing I couldn’t fix with.

All in all looks a nice car I’ll request the history on it along with any maintenance invoices and factor into any potential discussions.

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Front bumper gap is common if the car has been on a dyno at some point as it has to be lowered to strap it down correctly.

Even if you buy a higher mileage car, it may need the common problems fixed for a second time around!

I would buy a car based on its service history and condition rather than its mileage.

Worth checking around the inside of the rear arches where the mud flaps have been installed, if not factory fitted they could be a weak point for corrosion.

Rear quarter panels are not cheap as I have just found out :-)

Hope you find a good one.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Agree on history and maintenance being key. I’ve had high and low mileage RS4’s and pampered them. Equally I’ve seen a lot of dogs for sale at varying mileages.

If this one looks to tick boxes for you, go and check it out, you’ll soon know if it’s the right car for you.

I quite like both silvers now, Avus and metallic (I think it was called). I had a metallic silver S4’s a few years ago too.

AlexB7RS4
2nd Gear

Post by AlexB7RS4 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:18 pm

Silver as a colour is in the eye of the beholder - if you like it that’s what’s important.

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi guys

Looking for some advice and help please. I’ve done some digging on this card history.

It’s fine 53k and has been serviced every year regardless of mileage. All Audi main dealer up to 2015 and 41k. Rest carried out by same company small independent.

Receipts show new brakes and pads all round along with new Michelin pilot sports and wheels freshly refurbed in original colour so that’s a big box ticked.

There’s no evidence I can see of a carbon clean or aux raditor work although it’s had a new main radiator fitted at cost of £700. I also can’t see mention of DRC.

With all that in mind and if I were to factor in a carbon clean, aux rad replacement etc how much would I be looking at for these and any suggestions of other maintenance work I should factor into negotiations?!

Any advice appreciated.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:16 pm

As I said above, with a lower mileage car, you can’t expect the common problems to have been sorted as the chances are, they haven’t become a problem yet.

You also can’t factor in work that may need doing in the future into your negotiations. Just because the drc will need sorted at some point, you can’t expect a grand off the asking price for coilovers.

You're paying the premium for lower miles and have to take the fact the faults will possibly need fixed in your ownership on the chin.

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Update, DRC replaced with B16 Coilovers start of the year. Aux rads and main rad also replaced start of the year. It’s had 1000’s spent on it. Reckon it’s a top notch example with all the big jobs done. Leaves me nothing to negotiate other than carbon clean but reckon I’ll go for it

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Sounds like a good example if all those jobs have been done. Would maybe be an idea if the bumper is off at anytime to hammerite the oil cooler pipes/connections. I don’t think you can negotiate on a carbon clean as it’s personal preference to have it done or not.

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:07 pm

No maybe not but never paid full asking price from a dealer and won’t with this. £22k a fair price in your opinion? Seems to be to me given what’s already been done recently which has been a hefty expense.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”