How low is too low???

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
rwilsonrs4
4th Gear

Re: How low is too low???

Post by rwilsonrs4 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:23 pm

good you replied , i forgot to mention there was adjusment on the rears as they have the cambolt setup , which the front should have i suppose too but totally different upright , as they are manufactured to factory spec its all in normal specs with normal height settings even with suspension movement its in spec but for about a miniscule time there is no wear , but with suspension lowered a lot there is wear on inside over time as you also know , so adjustable top links would be good but are expensive but are better , good you got it set decent at first , same as i did although mine is only down 10mm so adjusted it by 1mm to even up toe in. all things in the green :thumbs:
Phantom black saloon ,PES M112 Supercharged 520ps/595nm K&N filter, 100 cell milltek cats,res valved milltek system. 8 and 10mm H&R spacers.H&R roll bars, "smoke chrome " alloy refurb. JHM Quickshifter, Bilstein B16 coilovers , uprated diff mount ,50/50 devils own WM kit so 1.4 litres/min in intake approx 10% more power and torque
1/4 mile 12.01 secs 123.5mph

James1984
3rd Gear

Post by James1984 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Has anyone ever elongated the holes that the top mounts sit it to correct the front camber?
2007 B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, custom home made air feed, H&R Coilovers, H&R anti roll bars, 10mm H&R Spacers, Milltek decat downpipes, Milltek Non Res Valved Exhaust, Reyland Motorsports front & rear discs with Hel braided Hoses, full underbody overhauled inc powdercoated subframes and arms, 034 solid subframe bushes and every joint, arm or bush replaced.

rwilsonrs4
4th Gear

Post by rwilsonrs4 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:54 pm

you cant do that as the load on the slots will move it back in , unless you weld washers or do a cambolt setup with welded thngs on it ,to remove it all and do the mods would be a lot more work than just fitting adjustable arms wjich are made by several companies if you afford it
Phantom black saloon ,PES M112 Supercharged 520ps/595nm K&N filter, 100 cell milltek cats,res valved milltek system. 8 and 10mm H&R spacers.H&R roll bars, "smoke chrome " alloy refurb. JHM Quickshifter, Bilstein B16 coilovers , uprated diff mount ,50/50 devils own WM kit so 1.4 litres/min in intake approx 10% more power and torque
1/4 mile 12.01 secs 123.5mph

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:07 pm

rwilsonrs4 wrote:good you replied , i forgot to mention there was adjusment on the rears as they have the cambolt setup , which the front should have i suppose too but totally different upright , as they are manufactured to factory spec its all in normal specs with normal height settings even with suspension movement its in spec but for about a miniscule time there is no wear , but with suspension lowered a lot there is wear on inside over time as you also know , so adjustable top links would be good but are expensive but are better , good you got it set decent at first , same as i did although mine is only down 10mm so adjusted it by 1mm to even up toe in. all things in the green :thumbs:

That’s a long sentence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Jon_J don't roll, I tried this and my paint cracked, it pulled my wings out of shape, a nightmare. I have 20's and I am low low with adjustable top arms, corner weighted and setup etc.
I had my front wings lips flattened back at my body Shop i.e. heated tapped near flat other than to let the liner still slip in.
I have driven my car for years and been to the ring many times with no rubbing at all.
I will post my heights in the next couple of days as I'm away with work at the mo.

An old photo but my favorite and skiing fully loaded with wife and kids and still no rubbing:

RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Covkiller wrote:Jon_J don't roll, I tried this and my paint cracked, it pulled my wings out of shape, a nightmare. I have 20's and I am low low with adjustable top arms, corner weighted and setup etc.
I had my front wings lips flattened back at my body Shop i.e. heated tapped near flat other than to let the liner still slip in.
I have driven my car for years and been to the ring many times with no rubbing at all.
I will post my heights in the next couple of days as I'm away with work at the mo.

An old photo but my favorite and skiing fully loaded with wife and kids and still no rubbing:

Thanks, he rolled one side with no issue at all, the other side when the wing had been pulled out, when he rolled it back the aluminium split. New wing time for me.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

TrevoRS4
Neutral

Post by TrevoRS4 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Covkiller wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:55 pm
Jon_J don't roll, I tried this and my paint cracked, it pulled my wings out of shape, a nightmare. I have 20's and I am low low with adjustable top arms, corner weighted and setup etc.
Tapped? Like with a hammer? I’m not sure how this could be better than rolling as you’re still deforming the metal by the same amount. Maybe the heat was the key.
JonJ, was the one with the fatigue crack heated?

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:45 pm

TrevoRS4 wrote:
Covkiller wrote:
Tapped? Like with a hammer? I’m not sure how this could be better than rolling as you’re still deforming the metal by the same amount. Maybe the heat was the key.
Yes both sides heated. The problem with aluminium is if you bend it one way and then back again it breaks. Simple lol

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

TrevoRS4
Neutral

Post by TrevoRS4 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 pm

Jon_J wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:45 pm
TrevoRS4 wrote:
Covkiller wrote:
Yes both sides heated. The problem with aluminium is if you bend it one way and then back again it breaks. Simple lol

Mine didn’t break but I only pushed it back to the factory position, no extra roll. As mentioned though it has a little ripple look to it that I need to try PDR before going the new wing route.

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:42 pm

TrevoRS4 wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:45 pm
TrevoRS4 wrote: Tapped? Like with a hammer? I’m not sure how this could be better than rolling as you’re still deforming the metal by the same amount. Maybe the heat was the key.

Mine didn’t break but I only pushed it back to the factory position, no extra roll. As mentioned though it has a little ripple look to it that I need to try PDR before going the new wing route.
Use Dragon Dents, I’ve never seen anyone as good as them.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Jon_J my heights from ground to top of arch :thumbs:

Front 63cm
Rear 64cm

What are yours? :thumb:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

James1984
3rd Gear

Post by James1984 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Covkiller wrote:

Would you say the rear on this was a similar height to SS+?
2007 B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, custom home made air feed, H&R Coilovers, H&R anti roll bars, 10mm H&R Spacers, Milltek decat downpipes, Milltek Non Res Valved Exhaust, Reyland Motorsports front & rear discs with Hel braided Hoses, full underbody overhauled inc powdercoated subframes and arms, 034 solid subframe bushes and every joint, arm or bush replaced.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:10 pm

No as I had SS originally

sportsandclassic
1st Gear

Post by sportsandclassic » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:07 pm

rwilsonrs4 wrote:you cant do that as the load on the slots will move it back in , unless you weld washers or do a cambolt setup with welded thngs on it ,to remove it all and do the mods would be a lot more work than just fitting adjustable arms wjich are made by several companies if you afford it
This is exactly how Porsche cars have their camber adjusted... ?

James1984
3rd Gear

Post by James1984 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 pm

Covkiller wrote:

Don’t suppose you ever ran that height with 19’s and spacers did you, im setting the height on mine and I’m worried about the front rubbing

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”