Gearbox top up

4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 450 bhp
4.2 V8 40v biturbo - 480 bhp (plus)
Jayjay101
4th Gear

Re: Gearbox top up

Post by Jayjay101 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:32 am

Shoppinit wrote:That's wrong. Your level will be incorrect.
Ok mate I’ll top it up more tonight as the cars still on stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c5 rs6 owner thats been known to cut the wrong wire.............

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:24 am

You need to fill it with the engine running (from stone cold) until it overflows from fill hole. Then wait until the ATF gets up to 30 degrees and as soon as it does, close the fill hole. You'll need a Vagcom or some other way of measuring the ATF temp to do this.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

PipRS6
2nd Gear

Post by PipRS6 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 am

There was a procedure knocking around on here recently. Think it was for an S8 from memory but same process...

EDIT: here is the link http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/ ... icing.html

Jayjay101
4th Gear

Post by Jayjay101 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Shoppinit wrote:You need to fill it with the engine running (from stone cold) until it overflows from fill hole. Then wait until the ATF gets up to 30 degrees and as soon as it does, close the fill hole. You'll need a Vagcom or some other way of measuring the ATF temp to do this.
Did it like this and it swallowed a litre more! Thanks again mate I really do owe you a beer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c5 rs6 owner thats been known to cut the wrong wire.............

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 am

Jayjay101 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:05 pm
Shoppinit wrote:You need to fill it with the engine running (from stone cold) until it overflows from fill hole. Then wait until the ATF gets up to 30 degrees and as soon as it does, close the fill hole. You'll need a Vagcom or some other way of measuring the ATF temp to do this.
Did it like this and it swallowed a litre more! Thanks again mate I really do owe you a beer..
Shop could drink free the rest of his life off this forum. I was drinking with him a couple of weeks ago but somehow he managed to Jedi mind trick me and buy another round, even though I said I'd get it. It was only when walking back to the office, that I thought about how many beers we all owe him and I winced that I'd let him talk me into buying that round.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Return to “RS6 / RS6 plus (C5 Typ 4B) 2002-2004”