Devil is in the detail(ing)

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Red roof
1st Gear

Devil is in the detail(ing)

Post by Red roof » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Don’t usually post much on here but I can’t really help it as I am pretty well pleased with myself, though also considerably lighter in the wallet.
After years of just rumbling along I have treated my Daytona Avant to serious tlc and fallen in love with her all over again.
She went for her MOT and annual service, a bit daft considering she’s only done 230miles since last year but still, I had some oil knocking around that needed using. Whilst there the garage boys fitted a Radtech oil cooler and JHM pipes, changed one of the upper arms after an advisory last year and replaced the faulty parking sensors.
After that she was delivered to a detailing place across the road from the garage and treated to a full paint correction, interior and engine bay detailing, wheel refurbishment, and a 7 year Opti Coat protection over the top. Prior to the professional treatment I changed the wing mirror mounts and the door blades (after paint matching).
The car is now spanking and even though it has cost a fair bit, am over the moon. I brought her home last night and this morning I cleared all the faults with VCDS after issues with the TPMS.
Up until recently I was toying with the idea of selling her because we’ve bought a 2016 Disco 4 and the Avant wasn’t being used much because the Disco is far better suited to the roads round here but now I am looking for somewhere to store the Avant locally to keep a hold of her.
Anyway, enough patter, I’ll let the pics do the talking.
Cheers

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dhali
4th Gear

Re: Devil is in the detail(ing)

Post by dhali » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Wow !! Shiney . Well done .

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Looks well, worth the effort.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

neil_f
2nd Gear

Post by neil_f » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Looks stunning but you need to use it! I love looking at mine when it's clean but the real pleasure is from driving it!

Red roof
1st Gear

Post by Red roof » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:10 pm

neil_f wrote:Looks stunning but you need to use it! I love looking at mine when it's clean but the real pleasure is from driving it!
I know! But the roads round here are awful! I’ve got a couple of runs planned for work courses so I’d expect more than last year’s mileage!

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:22 pm

Looks amazing, I was torn between black and grey when I was looking. I agree with the above though, they look amazing but drive even better, sack off the disco and get the foot down!

Cheers :thumbs:

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Looks bloody lovely!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

a1topdog
1st Gear

Post by a1topdog » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Looking fantastic. I'd be tempted to replace the rusty bolts along the slam panel just to finish it off.
:redrs4: 2006 Misano Red RS4 Saloon. :redrs4:

Red roof
1st Gear

Post by Red roof » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:12 am

I was just starting to think the same. Need part numbers though!

James1984
3rd Gear

Post by James1984 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:39 am

Could always buy some bilt hamber detox c, mix a bowl full and chuck them in, unless they have a coating from new?
2007 B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, custom home made air feed, H&R Coilovers, H&R anti roll bars, 10mm H&R Spacers, Milltek decat downpipes, Milltek Non Res Valved Exhaust, Reyland Motorsports front & rear discs with Hel braided Hoses, full underbody overhauled inc powdercoated subframes and arms, 034 solid subframe bushes and every joint, arm or bush replaced.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”