* Audi wing warranty* Selling with stone chip and a bubble or patches of respray

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
bennn
1st Gear

Re: Selling with stone chip and a bubble or patches of respray

Post by bennn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:58 pm

irishmike wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:09 pm
Yeah I know that, but the arches haven't been touched so still valid. No?
Should be fine, I had mistakenly assumed you would have had the bumper and bonnet blended into the rest of it.

Remember is 12 years so better get on it sooner rather than later!

irishmike
3rd Gear

Re: Selling with stone chip and a bubble or patches of respray

Post by irishmike » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Yep that's the plan, just want to know what I should be looking for.

hector8
2nd Gear

Re: * Audi wing warranty* Selling with stone chip and a bubble or patches of respray

Post by hector8 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:21 pm

So just got this back after paint was measured and car inspected

"Hi John

The corrosion is a result of lack of paint adhesion on the edge and fold panels. As such it is covered by the 3 year manufacturers paint warranty. The paint warranty has expired on this vehicle.

The Audi UK warranty definition of this complaint is ‘Rust on edges/folds….Locally limited open rust on edges and folds, damage type 0001. Damage type 0001 is covered within the paintwork warranty 0-3 years from delivery.

Thanks

Julie"

I take it this is their way of trying to wriggle out.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Re: * Audi wing warranty* Selling with stone chip and a bubble or patches of respray

Post by DavidRS4 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Yes definitely wiggling out!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 pm

I would expect this to be the response. Is there any chance John you could post a pic of the corrosion you are talking about? I don't seem to have this issue on mine, but would like to see what the issue is.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:30 pm

I had a blistering on the front corner of my bonnet a few years ago. Car had just under 40k on the clock. Used that to argue my case and get some good will. Worked.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

hector8
2nd Gear

Post by hector8 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Its very minor but I am fussy. Along edge of the arch. Will try and get some pictures.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Points that I said when I had the discussion about mine, was that it was a 50k car brand new. If it’s been looked after, should anyone really expect it to have these problems after just over 10 yrs?

They aren’t old Fords 😂

hector8
2nd Gear

Post by hector8 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:39 am

What is the exact cause of the bubbling arches....... is it to do with the sound deadening foam rubbing against the galvanised wings causing a reaction therefore an audi design flaw or something else?

bennn
1st Gear

Post by bennn » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Tbh they are aluminium so rust shouldn't spread. I'd guess stone chips around the rim letting water get behind the paint.

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:51 am

Dirt and road salt gets in behind the arch liners and with time and movement, the inside lip slowly wears away the paint finish. Crap design, think VAG changed it to stop this happening so probably worth replacing these trims if it has not been done already.

It effects both front and rear arches, so if the fronts are going I recommend having a good look at the inside of the rears as well.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”