MMI & Maps Update

Discussion forum for ICE, Security, SatNav, etc....
Sammyb349
3rd Gear

MMI & Maps Update

Post by Sammyb349 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Picture below is of my current MMI setup. For the life of me I can’t find a simple source that can tell me what the current firmware is and which maps I need to get.

Can anyone tell me as I’d like to update mine to current firmware and 2018 maps.
7B8E15B9-AAB3-4B51-AF5B-0F8D2C54D931.jpeg
Current:
- Audi B8 RS4 - Panther Black
- VW High Up! TSI - Red with Black Roof
Previous:
- BMW R56 Mini JCW - Black with Red Roof
- Peugeot 306 1.6 GLX - British Racing Green
- Ford Fiesta 1.1 Popular Plus - Sky Blue

Sammyb349
3rd Gear

Re: MMI & Maps Update

Post by Sammyb349 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Bump
Current:
Previous:

BeavistheCat
Neutral

Post by BeavistheCat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:07 pm

You are on the MMI Plus, and this is the original 2014/15 firmware and Maps. I had exactly the same and contacted John Simpson at vagnav who sorted out the required (genuine) firmware and Map updates. Contact John at vagnavinfo@gmail.com. Be warned, it will take a long time to update - so I would recommend you have a trickle charger to hand. I was fortunate in having an Optimate for the Bikes I own. It took me around 3 hours to do the update. John will probably do you a deal for the SD cards at around 90 quid. He asks for your VIN number to check he is providing you with the right software, and activation code. All painless, and a huge saving over going to the stealer. Good luck.

Sammyb349
3rd Gear

Post by Sammyb349 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:13 pm

Thanks. £85 and the update is on its way.
Current:
Previous:

BeavistheCat
Neutral

Post by BeavistheCat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:58 am

That's the same deal John did for me - didn't want to hold him to the exact same price, just in case........ Be warned that the instructions tend to mash up the different MMI versions - for example it is easy to start thinking you need to get into the Red Menu or Green menu (and waste time trying to figure out how to do that). You could either try to find those on the tintin net, PM me and I will send them to you via email, or wait for John to send a link for you to download. Either which way, would suggest you either print them off before hand, or if you have a photographic memory read them before you rush out clutching your SD cards. Oh, and don't forget to have car on a trickle charge or have the engine running. The instructions carry dire warnings of bricking the MMI if you run out of juice part way through. I am sure it will go well - certainly I will do the next update myself again rather than entrusting it some yoof at the stealers. My local had no clue and have as yet not answered my formal complaint over their lack of customer service when I enquired in June. Lost my business going forward that's for sure.

Return to “Electrical”