Did Audi collaborate with Cadbury's when building the B8?

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Broken Record
Neutral

Did Audi collaborate with Cadbury's when building the B8?

Post by Broken Record » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Hello everyone, Does anybody else seem to have a chocolate car? Mine is in again with DRC failure, pipe gone this time and its been off the road for another 4 weeks while I wait for workshop time. so in my ownership the car has been off the road for around 2.5 months out of the year bearing in mind it only gets driven at the weekends its not that great!
I have extended warranty (Named component cover £1100) and have just be told the pipe is not covered as part of the suspension system? but the booklet states suspension system all components covered?
:rant:
I'm getting tired of Audi UK bullsh*t and seriously thinking of binning the car for something else more reliable, I'm starting to wish that I purchased the B7 it seems a much better put together car!

Has anyone else had warranty rejection issues?

Sorry for the Audi bashing, but not feeling the love right now!!

Brooner
Cruising

Re: Did Audi collaborate with Cadbury's when building the B8?

Post by Brooner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Thats not good in 5 years of ownership i have had no issues touch wood
Hope you get it fixed and audi see sense and agree its a warranty item
2018 B9 RS4 Navarra Blue
2013 B8 RS4 Sepang Blue
2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2001 B5 RS4 Nogaro Blue
1998 B5 S4 Avant Kingfisher Blue
1993 B4 S2 Avant laser Red

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:17 pm

5 years and no problems, not bad at all Brooner, looks like I got a lemon :boohoo:

MK2Golf24v
2nd Gear

Post by MK2Golf24v » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:43 pm

They are correct, the hose is not covered, in the same way coolant and brake hoses aren’t.

I had the exact same chat with them when mine failed 2weeks out of warranty, when discussing some discount on a warranty they stated that hose failure would not be covered. So I didn’t bother.

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:13 pm

so it would appear that the DRC pipe is not part of the suspension? I think they should re-word the policy from all suspension components covered to...... unlucky chump we've had your money now do one!! :assflash:

The warranty is a bit of a piss off but not the end of the world as the bill is not to big, its the reliability of the car which is starting to really worry me!! not something I want to be in with no warranty that's for sure!

MK2Golf24v
2nd Gear

Post by MK2Golf24v » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:32 pm

It’s expensive enough for what it is. Mine was £450ish, with dealer goodwill down to £250ish.

Paid it. In the meantime a rant at Audi UK senior customer services, e-mail and phone, offer of a £250 voucher or contribution to warranty purchase, after some detailed quizzing on the warranty they said it wouldn’t cover it if it happened on any of the others. Next day they refunded the dealer who refunded me......

A weird sequence of Audi UK events, hints at they know of issues with the hoses, as I still had a couple days to consider the £250 voucher, but they went to the dealer direct and settled it without telling me. Can’t really conplain. But be worth making your displeasure known to Audi UK.

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:17 am

I like your style, guess what I will be doing tomorrow.
thanks for sharing that, I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Rallyz
1st Gear

Post by Rallyz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:42 am

I’ve had mine five years too, and the front shocks and hoses failed August last year. The shocks were changed under warranty, and the split hoses which weren’t covered under warranty (as above) I had to pay £200 after dealer contribution (plus the £250 warranty excess in my case). Perhaps I should have pushed a bit more too. Anyway it’s worth a try.

Interestingly, earlier in the year the shocks had initially failed the MoT, but the MoT inspector was persuaded by Audi that “misting” was acceptable and changed it to a pass ...

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:56 am

I know the feeling. Almost fell out of love with mine, as it had been in for a total of well over 3 months. Got it all straightened out now with warranty work and it's been behaving itself and fun to own now. Ironically DRC has not been an issue for me.

Like any car, the B7 also has it's issues - DRC, sticky clutch, clutch switches, coil packs, seized exhaust valves, oil cooler pipes, aux radiators, bucket seat solenoids, bodywork zinc inclusion and more carbon coking.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Dal
2nd Gear

Post by Dal » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Had my shocks replaced in Feb in April the front driver side hose burst, Audi Belfast replaced it FOC which was great as others have said the warranty doesn't cover them. A lot comes down to the dealer.
B8 RS4 in the fastest colour :smile_smoking:

jdh
Neutral

Post by jdh » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Same problem,leaking DRC pipe, same warranty,just cost me my £250 excess.

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi Guys, quick update on the DRC flexi pipe, No joy on warranty or gesture of good will :boohoo: It does seem a lucky dip weather or the dealerships will accept this as warranty or not.
Amazing customer services...... :piss:

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”