Thoughts On This??

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Sit
Neutral

Thoughts On This??

Post by Sit » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:08 am

Morning,

With the exception of the usual ‘hairdresser’ comments which I have suffered on my ‘wanted’ thread lol!!! What do people think of this, I keep looking at it as after a Misano Red cab and this ticks that box.

Nice miles, Miltek already plus clutch and recent brakes, no mention of carbon clean or any DRC repairs though. Drivers seat looks grubby but not the most practical coloured leather!!!

Just wondered what you guys thought - https://www.cheshammotorgroup.co.uk/use ... eType=cars

The dealer reviews don’t make great reading which is why I think subconsciously I haven’t done more than view the ad!

Si

mister_g
1st Gear

Re: Thoughts On This??

Post by mister_g » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:27 am

If that's the spec you're after then it looks decent enough and it's probably quite rare so you're unlikely to find another much better.
With my black B7
I'm in B7th heaven
And with DRC
My ride is heavenly
:blackrs4:

Sit
Neutral

Post by Sit » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:39 am

Yes it’s particularly the colour I wanted, the non bucket seats helps as from reading up they encroach into the rear seating space quite heavily and my daughter will be sat back there quite often. Spec wise I can only see that it has the carbon inlays, doesn’t seem much else spec wise that could be added to a base RS4 is there?

Cheers

Si

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm

I think this is the one I posted about yesterday maybe to you?

As a Cabriolet owner this looks a good one to me.

Maybe the lack of bucket seats is a good thing maybe not but you can source them in time if you need them.

Re your daughter in the rear seat, my children worked well in the rear up until about ages 12/13. After that it is pretty tight and they sit lower down inside the car than a saloon or avant so rear side window visibility is almost non existent.

With the hood down it's a superb car but be aware there is significantly more wind chill in the rear seats for any occupants and without the wind deflector up you'll notice it too.

If you've not long distances to do with rear seat passengers it's ideal. If you have and they're fidgety complainers I'd maybe try one out and see.

If you're close to Oxford I'd be happy to show you ours/fit your daughter in for a try..

I thought this one was one of the best examples I've seen advertised (bar a lower mileage black private sale about 6 months ago).

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Lady Penelope on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

Sit
Neutral

Post by Sit » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:46 pm

I have called the garage to discuss the history and establish what if any DRC and/or de-coke maintenance has taken place so waiting to hear. Agree it looks a tidy example with nice miles.

Si

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Would let a decoke put me off a car. They are a waste of time and money.

Sit
Neutral

Post by Sit » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Really I thought these suffer from massive coking problems and are often down on power because of it amor am I getting confused??

Si

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:15 pm

What Mike means is that carbon build up is inherent on these engines by design due to the direct injection. You can carbon clean an engine but it will inevitably return unless you drive everywhere like you stole it ! So yes, it will no doubt be down on power if never done, but if it still has a kick at 5500rpm, not having a carbon clean wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me either.

Sit
Neutral

Post by Sit » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Ah ok I see what you mean, indeed it seems something you need to keep on top of but was thinking it’s one less cost in the immediate future if it’s been done recently.

Would rather DRC has had some attention over a de-coke to be honest.

Si

Sit
Neutral

Post by Sit » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 pm

I did call the dealer this afternoon at 3pm and he said he would rig me back with all servicing info etc. Still not heard back......

Si

PSB1
4th Gear

Post by PSB1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:43 pm

'kin do it. Open top motoring is fun and you hear a lot more of the V8. Felt too remote from the noise in my B8. Worth the embarrassment of being called a tart. Buy it, go and find a tunnel.

This is the first car where my kids really want to go out with me, it's a laugh.
Current 2017 991.2 GT3 - Manual, 918 Buckets / CS pack, Guards, the dog's.
Gone 2016 991.1 GTS PTS Voodoo Blue - best car to date, 2015 911.1 GTS, Carmine, PDK, interior pack, stunning, 2016 Carmine Cayman GTS, PDK + toys, 2015 RS5 Cab, 2012 Discovery 4 family wagon, 2014 Golf R, 2015 Cayman GTS, 2014 RS4, Sepang with most of the toys, SQ5, S4, S5, A5, A6.

max_b
4th Gear

Post by max_b » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:24 pm

I know it says last owner for 4 years but check the history of this car very carefully, I would expect to see invoices for the work that's been 'done' - there was a very similar Misano Cab for sale about a year ago but in a very poor condition being sold cheaply. I remember it having the Miltek and very grubby cream leather seats (possibly water damaged). I'm sure it was picked up by a dealer and after a fairly basic clean (as the seats were still bad) it didn't sell.
My thoughts are that this is the same car but it has undergone a through clean up now. However if there are receipts/invoices that check out for all the work that's been done and you can tally up the previous owners, it must be a different example.
I'd start with a proper hpi check and you can check MOT history on line.

Oh and a RS4 Cab with a Miltek is one of the best noises you can get on the go :biggrin3:
Mortgages, Insurance, Financial Matters.....need help....ask away
RS4.....another :-)
Previous - all sorts

Sit
Neutral

Post by Sit » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 pm

max_b wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:24 pm
I know it says last owner for 4 years but check the history of this car very carefully, I would expect to see invoices for the work that's been 'done' - there was a very similar Misano Cab for sale about a year ago but in a very poor condition being sold cheaply. I remember it having the Miltek and very grubby cream leather seats (possibly water damaged). I'm sure it was picked up by a dealer and after a fairly basic clean (as the seats were still bad) it didn't sell.
My thoughts are that this is the same car but it has undergone a through clean up now. However if there are receipts/invoices that check out for all the work that's been done and you can tally up the previous owners, it must be a different example.
I'd start with a proper hpi check and you can check MOT history on line.

Oh and a RS4 Cab with a Miltek is one of the best noises you can get on the go :biggrin3:
Thank you for the heads up on this, i think it could well be one and the same then. If you look on AT or similar this is a country mile cheaper than other RS4's given the mileage so if it was 'that good' it would have sold. The dealership still haven't phoned me back since yesterday as promised so think I am going to give it a wide berth. I have expanded my search to all body styles now as I realised I was limiting myself quite heavily by just looking at cabs however it would be my preferred body style.

Keep you posted

Si

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Si, don’t get too hung up on the mileage. It’s absolutely a bonus if the car is right. Although I would (and have many times) rather taken a decent and well maintained higher mileage car over a low mileage example in lesser condition. Plus all the perishable items are going to go regardless of the mileage. Chances are higher mileage cars can have been past the point a lots of things need replacing, etc.

Carbon cleans, inlet flap removal, mapping etc can all be done for your own piece of mind, but many of the other ‘normal car’ sort of wear and tear items, plus other known RS4 issues such as oil cooler, clutch return pipes, etc, etc are all expensive items to rectify.

You’ll possibly find a few more appear on the market as the weather gets a little better as opportune time to list for a seller.

Sit
Neutral

Post by Sit » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks for the advice, all the ones bar 2 on AT at minute are from a garage and I would much rather by from a private individual who has some knowledge of cars history and most likely an enthusiast.

Will keep looking.

Si

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”