RS6 Stolen In Solihull (Mother & Baby Inside)

4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 553 bhp
4.0 V8 40v biturbo TFSI - 597 bhp (Performance)
Ian_C
Cruising

Re: RS6 Stolen In Solihull (Mother & Baby Inside)

Post by Ian_C » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Its not a tracker! Watch the video on YouTube of the Clifford system in action on a 306 GTi6!

CBA to link it, posting from my phone
B5 B6 B7 B9

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Ian_C wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm
doodlebug wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:27 pm
Unless they want your car, in which case they'll threaten you until you give up the code.
You have completely missed the point of this system. You GIVE them the keys and let them take the car.
So the first time they fail. Then if they are persistent and come back another time they'll know you had this system and quite possibly hold you to ransom until you give up the code. All hypothetical I know but my question is. Is a hunk of insured steel really with it? For me NAH.
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:04 pm

Yes but the flip side to that is they could just dump it and move onto the next car. It's not like it's an F40 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 am

I'm with doodle & Eddie on this, what's the point of overly securing our cars over & above their standard security as this adds to the likelihood of a wallop round the head with something likely to cause significant pain, or worse.

These are cars (lumps of pretty metal) that we have insured, I'd rather it go with the minimum of interaction with the assailants & as smaller chance of harm coming to my family or me.

Had my TT stolen off my drive many years ago, the thieves smashed through my front door with a paving slab & stole the keys which were in the hallway. I & my 2 children were fast asleep & it was the exploding of the door glass that woke me up, albeit in a daze. Heard nothing more until my car was started & raced off. Went outside to find a second smaller section of paving slab on the steps that confused me, until the Police suggested that was meant for my head had I given chase. I was of course pissed off my car had been stolen, but 4 weeks later I had a brand new one & although my insurance premiums increased by about £100, by head was not caved in & my children safe.
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

anth8910
4th Gear

Post by anth8910 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:00 am

This has been brought up before but I'm going to post it anyway:
https://youtu.be/7U4ZYOBzEEs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:00 pm

True, but will Audi ever admit they have an issue? erm... No!
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

dhali
4th Gear

Post by dhali » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Reading through the posts I feel a car immobilised on your drive will highly end up with physical violence. However a car imobolised a few miles away is a different scenario. Also it's been mentioned they will come back for it again I'm not so sure as like it's been said it's no F40 or other highly desirable classic which would probably end up sitting in an unscrupulous private collection .These are my personal opinions .

Bit_evl
3rd Gear

Post by Bit_evl » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Having been on the pointy end of this I have kept my trap shut up to now but I won't any longer.
Fit an anchor if you like, big heavy one from a large boat for all I care. They have proven they are willing to kill to do it.
The more obstacles that you present the more time and risk will jack them up and make them more desperate and dangerous.

Let them take the thing. You know - unless you are a monster and think your wife and child are worth putting at risk for a hunk of insured metal. Or like the bloke in Manchester you are willing to die trying to stop them taking it and leave your wife and child parent less. The rest is willy waving. They clearly don't value their own lives that highly or they would get a real job like a real human. You are part of the acceptable risk so understand where this puts you and unless you are very very competent in stress situation keep tight eye contact, keep your hands clear and open to avoid panicking them and walk backwards keeping eye contact.

Make certain you have discussed the scenario with your insurance company (car and I am sad to say life insurance) so you know what they will pony up for if it does happen and if necessary change your insurance if you don't like it. The less you pay the less they are likely to pay out. Some policies will offer a new for old up to 12 months for example. Assumption is the tool of all idiots.

Some life insurance will not pay out if you take on an attacker. You are considered to have placed your life in harms way and so they take a dim view. Work it out.

Sorry if this sounds negative but I had to deal with two tossers in my home at 3 in the morning and after watching how it made my wife feel I don't want anyone else to suffer.

If you want a car like this be prepared to adapt to all its strengths and issues.
Someone has decided that RS6 are targets. Not our fault but is our problem.

Oh and you are right about the plod. It is time for some serious sting operations but they don't seem to give a toss.
Call you MP and give them some sh_t.
Ask them if you can park your RS6 on their front drive for a few weeks and put a sign outside. Keys in lounge table.

wildbore
4th Gear

Post by wildbore » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Agree with Bit_evl above. The more barriers, the greater the risk. I am lucky to have never been in a threatening situation but I suspect that thieves don't like a smart-arse, and a clever immobiliser requiring a series of button presses or some biometric scanner or whatever will be viewed as you wasting their time...

To me the solution is a factory-fitted stop-dead remote immobiliser that can only be triggered by the Police. That way, an owner has no involvement in the device and cannot be threatened or coerced. If every RS6 had such a device, thefts would stop instantly.

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:24 pm

wildbore wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:12 pm

To me the solution is a factory-fitted stop-dead remote immobiliser that can only be triggered by the Police. That way, an owner has no involvement in the device and cannot be threatened or coerced. If every RS6 had such a device, thefts would stop instantly.
That's exactly what a Cat 5 tracker is supposed to do. "BUT" due to political red tape and bullsh1t laws the tracking company's cannot immobilise the stolen car unless the police have eyes on it. We wouldn't want a scumbag to crash the car and hurt themselves would we!!!!!
Current ride’s

Previous rides

anth8910
4th Gear

Post by anth8910 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Eddie555 wrote:
wildbore wrote:

That's exactly what a Cat 5 tracker is supposed to do. "BUT" due to political red tape and bullsh1t laws the tracking company's cannot immobilise the stolen car unless the police have eyes on it. We wouldn't want a scumbag to crash the car and hurt themselves would we!!!!!
To be honest I'd be happy being able to remotely detonate the car with them in it. No car left but satisfaction would prob be worth it.
Unfortunately that's not allowed so I'm with bit_evl. It's only a car at the end of the day and that's what insurance is for.

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:45 pm

anth8910 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:37 pm
Eddie555 wrote:
wildbore wrote:

To be honest I'd be happy being able to remotely detonate the car with them in it. No car left but satisfaction would prob be worth it.
Unfortunately that's not allowed so I'm with bit_evl. It's only a car at the end of the day and that's what insurance is for.

Erm. That's a wicked idea. Eddie off to the shed to invent something. LOOOOOOOL.
Current ride’s

Previous rides

anth8910
4th Gear

Post by anth8910 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Eddie555 wrote:
anth8910 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:37 pm
Eddie555 wrote: That's exactly what a Cat 5 tracker is supposed to do. "BUT" due to political red tape and bullsh1t laws the tracking company's cannot immobilise the stolen car unless the police have eyes on it. We wouldn't want a scumbag to crash the car and hurt themselves would we!!!!!

Erm. That's a wicked idea. Eddie off to the shed to invent something. LOOOOOOOL.
I think it's called a car bomb and apparently they can be made to detonate with a text message. You can go on various training courses in Afghanistan and Syria I believe (the government will probably lock you up when you get back though, and that's if you don't get beheaded).

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:21 pm

Fooking. Pi55. Myself. Laughing.
Current ride’s

Previous rides

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:02 pm

That missive could've used some commas though, but yes, very funny.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “RS6 (C7 Typ 4G) 2013-2018”