I want an s6 plus! How many are there?

2.2 I5 20v turbo - 230bhp
4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 326bhp
Clark
Neutral

I want an s6 plus! How many are there?

Post by Clark » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:57 pm

I've just recently been trying to buy my first GOOD car. I'm 22 and with classic car insurance etc I can afford a cool Audi and I reckon the s6+ is about as cool as they come. I'm willing to wait around, but how many s6 plusses are there in england? I assume there are rhd ones? Also, how much can I expect to pay and how often do you see them for sale?

Any info or opinions appreciated. Cheers, Clark

AndrewD
Neutral

Post by AndrewD » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:46 am

Good call on the S6 Plus being a seriously cool car :) Unfortunately it was never available in RHD, and not officially imported to the UK. The C4 chassis S4/S6 was only available with the 2.2 inline 5-cyl over here. I have heard of one or two making it overto the UK though.

There were 855 S6+ avants and only 97 S6+ saloons produced. You quite often see them come up on mobile.de if you were feeling confident enough to import one yourself?

I've just bought a very low mileage '93 S4. Although almost identical to the later S6 it's actually only in insurance group 16 as opposed to 19 for the S6! Could be worth considering given your age? Still some very nice, high spec S4s out there that with a few tweaks can surpass the V8 powered cars for power ...!

quattrokid1
Top Gear

Post by quattrokid1 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:47 pm

Clark how about a Ur quattro? they're fantastic cars and you can have that on your classic insurance. They either have 10 valve or 20 valve 5 pot turbo charged engines (WR/MB 10v, had 200BHP or the later RR 20V had 220BHP)

There is a TON of expert help on the quattroforum.com

Its great to hear that a youngster such as yourself would even concider an older Audi at all :thumbs: You dont say where you are but if your near central Scotland give me a shout as I am the central Scotland area rep for the Q.O.C and know of a few MB quattros looking for new homes. Have a look and see what you think of the Ur . :notworthy:

quattrokid1
Top Gear

Post by quattrokid1 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:57 pm

quattrokid1 wrote:Clark how about a Ur quattro? they're fantastic cars and you can have that on your classic insurance. They either have 10 valve or 20 valve 5 pot turbo charged engines (WR/MB 10v, had 200BHP or the later RR 20V had 220BHP) the UrS4 as described above (I had one for nearly 6 years selling mine a few months ago with 200478 miles on it, but it was down to personal financial climate I had to let mine go),
also had the 20v 5 pot turbo engine but with 230 bhp. All that was different was the injection and the engines management box. These 5 pot engines take take some serious mileages without moaning about it provided it has been serviced as intended by Audi.

There is a TON of expert help on the quattroforum.com

Its great to hear that a youngster such as yourself would even concider an older Audi at all :thumbs: You dont say where you are but if your near central Scotland give me a shout as I am the central Scotland area rep for the Q.O.C and know of a few MB quattros looking for new homes. Have a look and see what you think of the Ur . :notworthy:
if your not up here but interested in older quattros pm me and I'll pass on details of quattro enthusiasts near you. Good luck and let us know what you choose please.

Return to “S6 / S6 Plus”