A good old telling off

http://www.Revolution247.com - Air Filters, Alloy Wheels, Engine Bay & Tuning, Exhausts, Lighting, Merchandise, Seats & Safety, Styling & Accessories, Tyres, Wheel Accessories, Brakes, Suspension and great service!!!
geordie jay
5th Gear

Re: A good old telling off

Post by geordie jay » Thu May 14, 2015 12:57 pm

I been going to rev since i owned me rs4...a good set of lads and a great service everytime!!!! Will be seeing you boys in the near future :beerchug: :thumbs:

boff
5th Gear

Post by boff » Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm

marc1 wrote:
Revolution wrote:Hi Linkman72

Firstly can i sincerely apologise on behalf of myself & Revolution as reading this experience of how you've been treated really breaks my heart...!

The reason why we founded Revolution 18yrs ago was I also was treated with complacency by other Tuners back in the 1990's and myself and my wife still head up the Company and are very much a family affair with big ambitions.
I have 2 great managers who run the operation and they live and breath Revolution and the tuning industry too and their team is as enthusiastic as myself...our HQ is literally buzzing with petrol running though our veins.

Please let me reassure you that I will get to the bottom of whatever has gone wrong here and personally come back to you with my findings.
Can you email me your email and contact details please:
glenn@revolution247.com

We run a team of 5 staff in my sales department and at through April we've had 2 staff leave, 1 with a days notice and that has left us very short of staff to get their workload done and respond to customers enquiries quick enough - not an excuse, just a reality at the moment.

However, when customers call and then re call to chase us up and still get no reply, its simply not acceptable.....we spend so much time training staff and reminding them of the importance of calling customers back and always clearing their desks before they go home for the night.
I often work 60+ hrs a week keeping on top of my workload and my staff rarely (if ever) get away on time to keep on top of their enquiries also.

This year I introduced an earlier start for all staff and they come in a half hour early each day to do work that cant be done during the working day & clear their emails before the calls come in. This has cost me at least 1 member of staff who wanted more time with his family as I was probably overloading him with work.

Ive instigated a half day off during the week for all staff to even out the hours and to thank you for their hard work - I would love to take on even more staff to cover enquiries but it just doesn't financially add up as we also have 5 other staff in different depts, plus myself and wife here too.
I would love to say we made anyway near 50% mark up on any products, but sadly we don't but nevertheless we don't care if its a £30 order or a £3,000 order, everyone, and i mean everyone should be treated the same...

In the staff's defence, we do literally get days when we receive 200-300 phone calls and you literally take a note for someone to be called back and as you put the phone down it rings again, this will happened for the next 4 hrs and as soon as it calms down we hand the enquiries to each other and get cracking with them. It works and we have customers locally, nationally and Internationally to over 50 countries and they come back time and time again as they feel safe leaving their cars with us and trust that we will supply the correct goods on time and at a great price.

For every mail order sale, I have designed a unique order form that specifies what our customers orders and we are (coincidentally) designing one for enquiries also.
So once the information is received, we have a folder as central point for all staff to work from. Prices, part numbers, and installation times...plus now we will also have notes of how many times a customer has chased us up.

I will fix what now appears to be a weakness in our business model as it only rears its head maybe once or twice a year but were never complacent, just only so many hrs in the week to get the tasks done - this will be pushed to the fore and I will make it a personal priority to get it implemented asap.

But it just shows that after winning several awards for our customer service and locally and Nationally we still make mistakes & I can only presume you've slipped through the net and again our apologies for this but people are human and make mistakes also.
On this occasion it looks like we've lost a customer due to our workload...saddens me to the core and my staff will be gutted reading this post when I show them as we hear this everyday about our competitors.

Also sorry we've not came back earlier to your forum post, but we only go on forums as and when we can, our priority is emails, phonecalls and visitors to the store and you'll often see me posting on here late at night when I'm browsing over a cuppa on the sofa.

As an apology can I offer you a free Hunter Alignment set at a date of your choice and myself and little Glen will have a chat with you apologise in person.

Kindest regards
big Glenn
Great post Glenn, your passion and dedication shines through.
+1 - Guys, for the record - my experience with you went super well, and your response was a very decent one indeed.
Zero Drama

Revolution
Site Sponsor

Post by Revolution » Thu May 14, 2015 3:21 pm

cheers Guys for the positive comments....

I just wrote what I felt without needing to edit it - we really strive to give 110% at all times...

Its a proper kick in the nads when i read that we've let someone down and hopefully we can make amend with the free alignment set up.

Rick_RS4
Really sorry you've purchased the intake and it was reduced the day after...the lads would never have known there was a sale coming as I plan these at short notice stop competitors reacting and stealing our thunder (its happened previously to our cost)....one casual word to a supplier, they talk to a competitor and they are scooping up our hard work.

Next time you need anything, give us a shout and we'll look after you
:thumbs:
http://www.revolution247.com

2016 RS3 Stage-2 APR
2018 VW Tiguan
2010 Smart fourtwo

Sold but never forgotten:
2014 RS4 Sepang Blue
2015 VW Golf-R
1995 Subaru Impreza Series McRae
2012 RS3 Sepang Blue
RS4 B7 Avant Daytona
2002 Renault Avantime V6
2006 2-door Impreza STi
2009 TT TDi Quattro
10 Subaru's inc 22B type UK
Renault Clio V6 MK2
Civic Type-R's Mk1, 2 and 3
Renault Spider, Lotus Exige MK1
Renault Clio 197, Renault Clio Williams MK1
205 GTi 1.6 & 1.9 Gutmann

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Thu May 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Cannot say the same for little glen like!!! Aint he a shady character :biggrin3: :jump: :sekret: :sekret: :biggrin3:

Revolution
Site Sponsor

Post by Revolution » Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 pm

geordie jay wrote:Cannot say the same for little glen like!!! Aint he a shady character :biggrin3: :jump: :sekret: :sekret: :biggrin3:
Now now, let's not be name calling. It will hurt my feelings (and your discount ;-) )

Little Glen

2016 RS3 Stage-2 APR
2018 VW Tiguan
2010 Smart fourtwo

2014 RS4 Sepang Blue
2015 VW Golf-R
2012 RS3 Sepang Blue
RS4 B7 Avant Daytona
2002 Renault Avantime V6
2006 2-door Impreza STi
2009 TT TDi Quattro
Renault Clio V6 MK2

linkman72
2nd Gear

Post by linkman72 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:38 pm

@ Glenn, thanks for the reply and I appreciated situations can be trying. I have and still do live sods law so can understand you will get busy just when your staffing is at its lowest etc etc.

I also appreciate the offer of the wheel alignment, although I feel committed to let the other garage carry out the work ( although I do this with great trepidation ) as they have ordered parts for me and I do not want to drop them in it.

As far as the issues I have had are concerned I do not and have not named any individuals because I feel your system failed not any particular person, I understand that things can get lost in the bedlam but felt I would have been given more attention as a repeat customer ( from manta to jetta to sierra to audi I have had work/parts for all of them over the years ). That however is not to say that a new customer doesn't deserve attention but I can only presume 50% of enquiries don't lead to a sale and thought I would be 'a sure thing' as it were.

I HATE GARAGES, in capitals to only stress my previous experiences in the past with Butch Cassidy and the socket set kids I have had to deal with. Indeed when I was younger and hot headed things escalated and bad garage experiences turn into explanations to magistrates etc.

So you may understand my relief to find Revolution did what was needed and didn't extract your teeth, now like I say your not perfect but as damn near as you will get ( your dealing with AUDI so you know what I mean ). I would certainly favour your services over a main dealer and that made the situation worse knowing I was going to have to hand my most valuable asset to another garage due to time constraints.

Therefore I will let these fella's ( even the one with the mad bleached handlebar ) their go and I will either contact you in a week or two to pop over if all is well, or I may be detained somewhere if it isn't.

Stu

linkman72
2nd Gear

Post by linkman72 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:48 pm

And for Boff, my dignity is maintained fella, I do not place anything on a forum that I feel I need to retract ( for one thing I don't not post whilst under the influence of my old friend Mr Perculiar

Secondly I feel my response was polite whilst firm, I saw no point in slagging anyone off, just felt my disappointment should be registered.

An old colleague once told me that I should fear the customer that doesn't complain, the one who will slag you off to all their mates and send people elsewhere.

However the customer who complains still has enough faith to expect an explanation and offers you the chance to not only respond but to apologise, that's the customer who comes back.

So therefore I leave you fully dignified and not 'Angry' simply annoyed

If you want angry ask David Cameron and Iain Duncan Smith to show your their letters, I learned German just to insult them correctly !!

geordie jay
5th Gear

Post by geordie jay » Thu May 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Revolution wrote:
geordie jay wrote:Cannot say the same for little glen like!!! Aint he a shady character :biggrin3: :jump: :sekret: :sekret: :biggrin3:
Now now, let's not be name calling. It will hurt my feelings (and your discount ;-) )

Little Glen
Haha.you know im pulling your middle leg mate :thumbs:

Revolution
Site Sponsor

Post by Revolution » Fri May 15, 2015 3:01 pm

geordie jay wrote:
Revolution wrote:

Little Glen
Haha.you know im pulling your middle leg mate :thumbs:
I know :-)

CheeRS

Lil G

2016 RS3 Stage-2 APR
2018 VW Tiguan
2010 Smart fourtwo

2014 RS4 Sepang Blue
2015 VW Golf-R
2012 RS3 Sepang Blue
RS4 B7 Avant Daytona
2002 Renault Avantime V6
2006 2-door Impreza STi
2009 TT TDi Quattro
Renault Clio V6 MK2

stuartk
1st Gear

Post by stuartk » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Just found this by chance. What an incredibly professional response!

Revolution
Site Sponsor

Post by Revolution » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Thanks Stuartk

We try our best.....but don't always get it right.
We've just won a silver award at the weekends Audi Driver International annual.

Big Glenn

2016 RS3 Stage-2 APR
2018 VW Tiguan
2010 Smart fourtwo

2014 RS4 Sepang Blue
2015 VW Golf-R
2012 RS3 Sepang Blue
RS4 B7 Avant Daytona
2002 Renault Avantime V6
2006 2-door Impreza STi
2009 TT TDi Quattro
Renault Clio V6 MK2

Mckenny87sj
Neutral

Post by Mckenny87sj » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:24 am

Revolution wrote:Hi Linkman72

Firstly can i sincerely apologise on behalf of myself & Revolution as reading this experience of how you've been treated really breaks my heart...!

The reason why we founded Revolution 18yrs ago was I also was treated with complacency by other Tuners back in the 1990's and myself and my wife still head up the Company and are very much a family affair with big ambitions.
I have 2 great managers who run the operation and they live and breath Revolution and the tuning industry too and their team is as enthusiastic as myself...our HQ is literally buzzing with petrol running though our veins.

Please let me reassure you that I will get to the bottom of whatever has gone wrong here and personally come back to you with my findings.
Can you email me your email and contact details please:
glenn@revolution247.com

We run a team of 5 staff in my sales department and at through April we've had 2 staff leave, 1 with a days notice and that has left us very short of staff to get their workload done and respond to customers enquiries quick enough - not an excuse, just a reality at the moment.

However, when customers call and then re call to chase us up and still get no reply, its simply not acceptable.....we spend so much time training staff and reminding them of the importance of calling customers back and always clearing their desks before they go home for the night.
I often work 60+ hrs a week keeping on top of my workload and my staff rarely (if ever) get away on time to keep on top of their enquiries also.

This year I introduced an earlier start for all staff and they come in a half hour early each day to do work that cant be done during the working day & clear their emails before the calls come in. This has cost me at least 1 member of staff who wanted more time with his family as I was probably overloading him with work.

Ive instigated a half day off during the week for all staff to even out the hours and to thank you for their hard work - I would love to take on even more staff to cover enquiries but it just doesn't financially add up as we also have 5 other staff in different depts, plus myself and wife here too.
I would love to say we made anyway near 50% mark up on any products, but sadly we don't but nevertheless we don't care if its a £30 order or a £3,000 order, everyone, and i mean everyone should be treated the same...

In the staff's defence, we do literally get days when we receive 200-300 phone calls and you literally take a note for someone to be called back and as you put the phone down it rings again, this will happened for the next 4 hrs and as soon as it calms down we hand the enquiries to each other and get cracking with them. It works and we have customers locally, nationally and Internationally to over 50 countries and they come back time and time again as they feel safe leaving their cars with us and trust that we will supply the correct goods on time and at a great price.

For every mail order sale, I have designed a unique order form that specifies what our customers orders and we are (coincidentally) designing one for enquiries also.
So once the information is received, we have a folder as central point for all staff to work from. Prices, part numbers, and installation times...plus now we will also have notes of how many times a customer has chased us up.

I will fix what now appears to be a weakness in our business model as it only rears its head maybe once or twice a year but were never complacent, just only so many hrs in the week to get the tasks done - this will be pushed to the fore and I will make it a personal priority to get it implemented asap.

But it just shows that after winning several awards for our customer service and locally and Nationally we still make mistakes & I can only presume you've slipped through the net and again our apologies for this but people are human and make mistakes also.
On this occasion it looks like we've lost a customer due to our workload...saddens me to the core and my staff will be gutted reading this post when I show them as we hear this everyday about our competitors.

Also sorry we've not came back earlier to your forum post, but we only go on forums as and when we can, our priority is emails, phonecalls and visitors to the store and you'll often see me posting on here late at night when I'm browsing over a cuppa on the sofa.

As an apology can I offer you a free Hunter Alignment set at a date of your choice and myself and little Glen will have a chat with you apologise in person.

Kindest regards
big Glenn
These words are enough for breakfast with me lol,

Good post, Gleen

Shinobi675
5th Gear

Post by Shinobi675 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:33 am

Wow thread revival :)

Though having enough words for breakfast makes me think you'd like to take big Glenn out for dinner and hope he stays for breakfast! You sure about that ;)

I've dealt with Revolution a couple of times now. Once for brakes and once for wheels. Great service in my book.
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

TomRS
4th Gear

Post by TomRS » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:32 am

My dads RS4 went in for Aux belt and some other bits, cant fault the service they did a great job and were 110% professional and honest, showed us round the workshop and i had already racked up a bill for things i wanted from the Shop.
2014 Mercedes E63 AMG S
Wrapped in OceanShimmerBlue | MSL Stage 2 – 736Bhp/876ibft | Weistec Downpipes | K&N Large Filters | 400mm AP Racing Fronts/DS2500 Pads | Centre delete | H&R Springs/Link bars 30mm |

Gone but not forgotten :smile_smoking:
2010 Nissan GT-R SVM 680R
2010 RS6 C6 Avant Stage 2 730/1088nm

Return to “Revolution Motorstore”