EM Tuning interior LED kit and Number plate LED kit installed

http://www.EMTuning.co.uk - LED kits that work!!!
JamesBaby
1st Gear

EM Tuning interior LED kit and Number plate LED kit installed

Post by JamesBaby » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:59 am

Just wanted to say thank to EM Tuning and Trups for the B7 Avant Full LED kits I installed at the weekend. Great easy to install kits.

The number plate LED kit comes with new Torx screws, which is a great thought out idea. The OEM Philips screws get rounded off as the angle of them won't allow a good enough purchase on the heads. This strips them. This was the case with brand news screws too as I put new reflectors in which came with new screws. They started stripping straight away even with small screwdrivers. The temptation is then to leave them not fully tightened but this lets moisture in as it wont seal properly. The supplied Torx screws on the other hand were solid and strong, and tightened the reflectors properly and sealed them correctly.

The number plate LEDs do required you to pop of the boot lid cover to fix the resister pack. I undid the 4 screws, and with a plastic trim tool I popped it off gently. The resister pack was plug and play. Popped the trim back on and all was good.

Zero canbus errors. :jump_clap:

Return to “EM Tuning Lighting”