B7 LED DRL upgrade bulbs

http://www.EMTuning.co.uk - LED kits that work!!!
R4llye
1st Gear

Re: B7 LED DRL upgrade bulbs

Post by R4llye » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:12 am

The faults I have with mine are:

Drivers side LED Doesn't illuminate when sidelights switched on (it does when DRL is on though)
Warnings about headlight main beam not working when DRL is switched off
Poor radio quality as soon as DRL (or headlight/sidelights are on). Noticeable and instant drop in reception.

Not yet checked the wiring as seen in another thread yet though, will be very upset if there's signs of burning.

Can I have a new set sent out, (specifically tested and confirmed to work 100%) and/or refund please?

Trups
Site Sponsor

Post by Trups » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:38 pm

HI.

That's more than likely the polarity re the sidelight not working, make sure red lines up with blue (on plug) then black with the brown (on plug)

For the DRL error I have a modded box for the Errors, please email me on sales@emtuning.co.uk with your address and I will send the new cancellers.

Do you know when your DRLS got to you to help me identify the batch? All Bulbs are tested and checked by myself before I send them out, if any the DRL or sidelight mode fail to light I don't send it out.

in regards to radio dropping out, I did send some things out for some to try but had no reply back, so if your happy to help and will to fit what I send out as soon as they arrive and send feedback so I can work out whats causing the radio to shut off,

if DRL is on then is the reception gone altogether? is it any better in sidelight/DRL?

Thanks
Trups
Phantom Black C6 RS6 - ex Classba battleship
Mugello C6 RS6 5.0 TFSi AVANT - Gone.

If you have any quieries for interior or exterior LED's then get in touch.

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:10 am

Sorry, we used the car so infrequently and I had so much other stuff going on that I never got around to trying the workaround for the radio interference Trups, I sold the car a couple of weeks ago to boot.
Current stable:
"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res+ 100 cell cats - Wagner intercoolers - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM/F1 Asymm3 - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other things - 555PS/832Nm

B7 RS4 Saloon - MRC Stage 2 - Milltek Non-res+ Precat delete - MRC CAF kit - F1 Asymm3 - Decoked - HD RNS-E - TTRS Wheel - AMI - BT/Voice prep - H&R Spacers - Dectanes - Trups Modded Headlights - Customized LED interior lighting - 440PS/472Nm

R4llye
1st Gear

Post by R4llye » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi trups,

I would say that the reception is just reduced dramatically - I lose most radio stations apart from Radio 4 and I'm not quite old enough to listen to that yet....

I received them around the 20th March. I would also say the reception drop is the same if:

Drl's are off and then switched on or;
Drl's are off and sidelights/headlights are switched on.

Happy to have things sent out and tested but, with a 2 year old and 4 month old, I don't have a huge amount of time to get under the bonnet and wiring has been my kryptonite!

All PM my address etc in a moment.

Paddski
3rd Gear

Post by Paddski » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Trups wrote:On the way to me now. Have a new batch of drls coming in along with plenty of cancellers that will clear this error for good :) will update thread when they are here and send out to you Pete.
I have this error too Trups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford Licensed Shelby 1966 350GTH Replica......in build.....
Porsche Cayman GT4 Agate Grey...Wrapped Matte Blue
RS4 B7, 2007, 20" HRE P40's + MRC mods
Bentley Continental GT Titan 600hp
L200 Barbarian

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Paddski, check the state of your cancellers asap. Mine were burnt out, as were the wiring connections into each canceller.

Trups
Site Sponsor

Post by Trups » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Has the new ones sorted it Pete?

Paddski, if you need new cancellers then send me your address and il get them posted out.

R4Lye, send me a PM with address and il get a part sent out to get to the bottom of the radio dropping out.

Trups

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Has the new ones sorted it Pete?
So far so good Trups...although I've got bigger issues with car as DRC has failed so it hasn't been used much since fitting the new cancellers. Thanks for sending them through.

I think if I was you I would send all those who have the original cancellers the updated ones based on what has been found with those that have failed.

Trups
Site Sponsor

Post by Trups » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 am

Hi Pete.

I have plenty of the latest cancellers in stock so anyone that has a problem with the error or the sleeves on the wires burning out just need to send me postal details and I will send new cancellers to solve this problem and get it sorted for good.

Thanks
Trups

FaisalJ
Top Gear

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:57 am

Trups installed his DRL kit for me last week while working on my headlights, and I'm very happy with them. They're so friggin bright!

I have no errors (which is a nice change, had one for ages from the old non-Trups DRLs), and radio reception seems unaffected.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Top Gear

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am

Actually I do have one issue.

He nearly killed me in his RS6!!! That thing is insane - in a really comfy and luxurious kind of way. Like the USS enterprise.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Starry
4th Gear

Post by Starry » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Turps, my led's have started throwing up a warning light on the dash. It happens around every other time i drive it, the lights are working fine though. Help!!!
2006 RS4
Phantom black
MRC Stage 2, Milltek non res, pre cat delete,

Trups
Site Sponsor

Post by Trups » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:16 pm

Whats the Error? sidelight or Low beam?

Trups

Starry
4th Gear

Post by Starry » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 pm

The warning say left main beam, is this related to the dlr install? The light works fine..thanks.
2006 RS4
Phantom black

Starry
4th Gear

Post by Starry » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:14 am

Hello...... Turps, are you there?
2006 RS4
Phantom black

Return to “EM Tuning Lighting”