Audi . . . grrrrrr

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
liffy99
2nd Gear

Audi . . . grrrrrr

Post by liffy99 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:41 pm

Hi all.
I am in the process of buying my fourth Audi courtesy of a private sale. It has a FASH.
Understandably I have been trying to pull together the car’s service history which has not proven easy as records are now held electronically.
After heroic efforts at getting to the right people at the last dealership by myself and the current owner, I now have very basic details ( just showing dates, service type such as oil or inspection and limited additional work done such as a brake fluid change. To say the information is sparse is an understatement and I still cannot convince anyone at Audi to actually send me a printed copy.
Worse, I know the car had an engine replacement ( ouch ££) under Audi warranty, yet this does not show up on the history. I would really like to know what was done - for instance was it just the block, cylinder head, were any ancilliaries such as turbos or ECU involved, and what about minor parts like spark plugs that would have an impact on the timing of future service requirements ? There must have been a proper worksheet for thousands of pounds worth of repair.
Sadly, the replacement happened under the original owner’s watch and, as the third owner to be, I cannot ask him or her.
Audi UK have proven utterly useless ( they may as well be selling vacuum cleaners) saying they cannot provide information because of, you guessed it, Data Protection ! Which is utter rubbish.
How can I get this information ? Anyone know a better route around the Audi maze ?
Cheers

Return to “General Car Chat”