Where is the latterday Audi Coupe of the 80s

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
liffy99
2nd Gear

Where is the latterday Audi Coupe of the 80s

Post by liffy99 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:25 am

Where to go next ? Once I’ve finally got around to moving my B8 S4 on I’m wondering what to drive next.
I would like to stay with Audi and my shortlist is one of several of the higher performance cars, but one that I can squeeze my cycle in the back of (I can do it in my S4 saloon if I remove a wheel and lower the saddle, just).
If only Audi had made a replacement for the old two door coupe of the 80s and 90s - an S5 two door coupe with hatchback would be ideal.
Anyway, I keep drooling over ads ( most of which are for cars many miles away from the car desert of the West Country) like;

TTS or TTRS mk3 (a bit pricey) - but could I get a large road bike in ?
I used to have a Mk1 years ago which was fun, although could feel a little claustrophobic.

S5 Coupe or Fastback - would the bike squeeze in the former ? Would either feel much different to my MRC tuned S4. Certainly won’t be as quick unless stage 2 modded.

S7 or RS7 (too expensive to run ?) - bigger car would be a squeeze to get in the driveway. Plenty of space but are they just too heavy to be entertaining ? Like the idea of a V8 though.

Gut feeling is I should avoid the 5 to at least have a markedly different experience from my S4.

What direction have any of you guys taken ?

Budget about £30k ideally but maybe another ten if I fell in love . . . .

CusterDome
1st Gear

Re: Where is the latterday Audi Coupe of the 80s

Post by CusterDome » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:33 am

FWIW I can get a couple of full size road bikes in the back of my B8 RS4 (with the rear seats folded and the front wheels removed) plus a bit of luggage, When I've gone abroad with a bike I've put it in a bike bag, then the rear seats can stay up. You know you want a V8...

liffy99
2nd Gear

Re: Where is the latterday Audi Coupe of the 80s

Post by liffy99 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:35 am

Which variant - saloon or avant ? If saloon then it is just the same as mine. I am only considering the B9 platform.

Return to “General Car Chat”