A little advise/thoughts please guys!

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
vellawitting
Neutral

A little advise/thoughts please guys!

Post by vellawitting » Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 am

Hi guys, i'd really like you help please if possible (Bam go easy on the piss taking please! There's an invitation if ever I've seen one!!).

I currently run a Smart Car through my business and it's used it daily to:

A. Save me a fortune

B. Keep the RS4 in pristine condition and so I'm not spending half my valuable weekends cleaning it.

C. Used as a pool car if a designer needs to go and see a client

Don't get me wrong the RS4 is used most weekends and when i'm going on a high brow business appointment, but the office is 7 miles from my house and there's little point driving it every day and I wont use it to go and see clients all the time, especially in the middle of Leeds!

So, the lease expires on the Smart end of next month and I need to replace it. Budget is a tad more than I currently pay (which is £120pcm +VAT) at £150-160pm (+VAT). It has to be brand new, so no suggestions of taking out a loan and buying a something please guys!!

The thing about the Smart is that it's a Smart, and a proper city car, everyone takes it for what it is and is a bit of a non car with purpose. Anything like and Aygo or Yaris and it looks like you've just got a sh1t car - yes I know a Smart isn't the most involving car to drive, but it seriously is a hoot, you can jump in it and hoon it about without worrying one bit about it.

Any ideas on what to replace it with? Or do I just go for another one? Bearing in mind it does 60+mpg (I fill up twice a month at £38 a time!), I can park it and leave it anywhere and all the fuel goes through the business, it costs me nothing personally.

I was thinking about an Audi A1, Citroen DS3 or similar?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Fatneck73
4th Gear

Re: A little advise/thoughts please guys!

Post by Fatneck73 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:53 pm

If you’re struggling to see something better, prob just stick with getting another...imo.

chunky79
Cruising

Re: A little advise/thoughts please guys!

Post by chunky79 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:12 pm

vellawitting wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 am
Hi guys, i'd really like you help please if possible (Bam go easy on the piss taking please! There's an invitation if ever I've seen one!!).

I currently run a Smart Car through my business and it's used it daily to:

A. Save me a fortune

B. Keep the RS4 in pristine condition and so I'm not spending half my valuable weekends cleaning it.

C. Used as a pool car if a designer needs to go and see a client

Don't get me wrong the RS4 is used most weekends and when i'm going on a high brow business appointment, but the office is 7 miles from my house and there's little point driving it every day and I wont use it to go and see clients all the time, especially in the middle of Leeds!

So, the lease expires on the Smart end of next month and I need to replace it. Budget is a tad more than I currently pay (which is £120pcm +VAT) at £150-160pm (+VAT). It has to be brand new, so no suggestions of taking out a loan and buying a something please guys!!

The thing about the Smart is that it's a Smart, and a proper city car, everyone takes it for what it is and is a bit of a non car with purpose. Anything like and Aygo or Yaris and it looks like you've just got a sh1t car - yes I know a Smart isn't the most involving car to drive, but it seriously is a hoot, you can jump in it and hoon it about without worrying one bit about it.

Any ideas on what to replace it with? Or do I just go for another one? Bearing in mind it does 60+mpg (I fill up twice a month at £38 a time!), I can park it and leave it anywhere and all the fuel goes through the business, it costs me nothing personally.

I was thinking about an Audi A1, Citroen DS3 or similar?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
First of all, fess up to who you are! 1st post under this name, C'mon.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Return to “General Car Chat”