Car thefts and security new trends

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
stevo55
5th Gear

Car thefts and security new trends

Post by stevo55 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 pm

Just wanted to update all on a couple of new(ish) trends that are currently ongoing. Not Audi related but affect certain cars (certainly for the Cat converter thefts) and high end vehicles in general.
Cat Converters-affecting a few (mainly Honda/Toyota) cars but carrying on in plain sight. One new one is this still from a theft 2 days ago in Purley area:

Couple of points to note:

1. It’s just after half five and within commuting time with most people at home and yet there they are without a care in the world carrying out the theft.
2. The gang member at the door with the bat is waiting for anyone coming out to try and stop them. Be aware that should you wish to ‘go and have a word’ with them they may have their own security. In this day and age a blunt object may be a blessing.

This is probably where all the ninjas come out saying ‘I don’t care I’ll just go and (insert Hollywood action hero moves here)’

High End thefts:

Target in high end vehicle parks up (anywhere), locks up and walks away. Vehicle doesn’t lock unfortunately as gang using an RF jammer have blocked the signal.
When car is unattended gang enter car and using tech kit plug into canbus/OBD and clone key code onto their kit. At same time a GPS tracker is placed on the car.
Gang leaves.
When vehicle is finally housed gang return (tracker tells them where it is), use their now brand new cloned key (that they made offsite) to steal the car.
So:
Make sure your car is actually locked before you leave it unattended.
Use physical measures on your vehicle-steering wheel locks etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 C7 RS6 Misano Red Performance Plus and unicorn miles
2012 Land Rover Defender XS Utility Full Tweaked Spectre conversion
2018 B9 RS5 coupe. Milltek Non-Res Exhaust. now gone
2017 BMW M3 Comp Pack.
2015 A45 AMG.Overrated POS.
2016 C7 RS6 Panther black.
2009 C6 RS6 phantom black saloon. Milltek
2012 BMW M135i 3 door. MP brakes and AC Schnitzer springs. JB4 tuning box
2006 BMW Z4M Roadster.
2004 Alpina Roadster.