Injector Service - R-Tech

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
cammmy
2nd Gear

Injector Service - R-Tech

Post by cammmy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:30 am

Hi All

I just wanted to recommend R-Tech if you need your injectors servicing. They were good to deal with, had good turn around and are well priced. They charge £25 per injector but did my 10 for £200. This included before and after flow testing, new seals and o-rings and upgrading the plastic filter basket to steel. Apparently the plastic ones can break down and grenade your engine. They were returned in a 100% ready to go state with the seal at the business end sized (needs a special tool for this) and even the o-rings pre-lubed.

I would recommend you consider having this done as although my car was running fine with only a small bit of roughness immediately after cold start. It turns out all the injectors had compromised spray pattern and had somewhat uneven flow rates but worst of all, 2 were actually leaking. My car has 90k miles on it.

I had the plastic break on a number of them on removal, when I asked them about it, rather than try sell me new ones they just said that while they can't make guarantees, they didn't leak on the machine and they had seen worse, so wouldn't replace them.

I appreciate good, honest service so thought I would pass this on. Hopefully it's helpful

Return to “General Car Chat”