Dilemma: MB C350e or Passat GTE?

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
Shoppinit
Cruising

Dilemma: MB C350e or Passat GTE?

Post by Shoppinit » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:08 am

I need a new car to replace the Outlander PHEV and I want to stay with a hybrid. I also need an estate. In my budget there is pretty much only the Mercerdes C Class or the VW Passat. I don't really want to spend more than 17k and the Passat is barely within my price range anyway at that.

The Passat appeals because it's big and it's VW. I like having the VW diagnostic gear and my memory of a mate's Golf GTE is a good one.

The C-Class appeals because it's slightly cheaper and quite a lot faster. I have never owned an MB and I don't have any diagnostics or anything. Also, I suspect it's quite a lot smaller.

Anyone have any experience of either? I will have to go and drive some but at the moment it's not as easy as it used to be for obvious reasons.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Return to “General Car Chat”