My Autodoc Experience

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
cammmy
2nd Gear

My Autodoc Experience

Post by cammmy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:05 am

Hi All

Just an FYI on my experience using autodoc.

I was looking for a trans service kit for the RS6 and used my reg on Autodoc to find the part. It came up with the kit and in green it said:

"This product fits your AUDI A6 C6 Avant (4f5) RS6 Quattro"

Now, given that extremely specific confirmation, I ordered the part only to discover later that it was incorrect. I asked for a refund that included shipping and return freight as they had miss-sold me the kit. Their response was that "It was a only a suggestion that it might fit your car, not confirmation" and they steadfastly refuse to refund any freight. They also tried to sell me more stuff at the same time, which was somewhat infuriating:

"We strongly recommend you think of buying a set of filters, spark plugs, brake pads and brake discs as well"

Suffice to say that I will probably go to the dealer before I consider using Autodoc again.

Mɐʇʇ
Cruising

Re: My Autodoc Experience

Post by Mɐʇʇ » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 pm

I never trust any of these parts matchers. I worked for a bulldozer spare parts company for a while many years ago and one of my jobs was compiling these type of cross reference lists - I can assure you that 18 year old me didn't particularly have an eye for attention to detail. I always use ifinterface or one of the other parts sites to look up the exact part number which I then use to cross reference.
Just done this to great success in buying some parts that were listed as not fitting my RS, but were the exact right part number and fitted perfectly.
"not a professional engineer, mechanic and mechanist"

RS620
2nd Gear

Post by RS620 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 am

They are <beep>, I used them, parts were wrong and refused to pay return shipping which cost me £20. Never using them again.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:40 am

Sometimes they have parts that are very difficult to find anywhere else. I bought a Bosch ABS controller for a 5 series that was pretty much impossible to find anywhere else and was a very good price. They were very helpful about checking it was the right unit before I ordered it. I was willing to risk the return shipping cost.

Other times I've bought regular parts from them and if you don't mind waiting a few days they can be very good value.

I agree, it's frustrating when things go wrong, but I've had similar nightmares with ECP, too.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Azmontana
Neutral

Post by Azmontana » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:20 pm

You can’t just rely on what they say you need to check OEM part numbers and search for parts that way.

cammmy
2nd Gear

Post by cammmy » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Yeah, I generally do but finding the part numbers for the C6 RS6 can be tricky. I have a full blown copy of etka now which makes life a lot easier.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Cool. Where'd you get your ETKA from? I prefer it to the online jobbies.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Myth
1st Gear

Post by Myth » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:28 pm

Cheap Brembo front discs though for rs4 b7

cammmy
2nd Gear

Post by cammmy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:54 pm

This was on sale a little while ago:

https://www.emanualonline.com/Specials/ ... ckage.html

It's every VAG manual up to 2016 and also ETKA.

Return to “General Car Chat”