Audi SQ5, how to get new keys?

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
pule333
5th Gear

Audi SQ5, how to get new keys?

Post by pule333 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:50 am

Hi guys. Long story short, the only key has been stolen and the car nicked. Since recovered. It’s been written off by insurance with possibility of buying back.
How do I go about completely changing the keys and reprogramming new chip etc? Is this something that can be done with Vagcom?
Or only Audi?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

morski
3rd Gear

Re: Audi SQ5, how to get new keys?

Post by morski » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:40 pm

V5 is still in your name so get a full set ordered and then have them reprogrammed to the car by the dealer. Dont buy used keys they wont work unless they change the chip and most wont.
New keys are ordered specific to your VIN and come pre cut so need further programming to your car. Old original keys get deleted from the car and will no longer work
Or get someone with odis online to do it with the new keys as well. Its literally a 10-15min job to do a full set
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 pm

I think he wants new keys barrels too? I'm guessing as he doesn't know where or who has the original key, even if he re-programmed the keys, they could let themselves back into the car using the actual key rather than the keyfob which will unlock the doors and possibly disarm the alarm. In which case you'd need new barrels for (I'm guessing now) drivers door (don't have barrel on any other doors any more do they?), new barrel for bootlid perhaps and glovebox.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 pm

PS did they take your wheels or did you change them?

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Thank you both.
Yes they stole the only key I had. That’s including the spare door key, glove box etc.
I still don’t know if I can buy it back or how much they would want for it.
And to be honest kinda don’t care anymore as we bough XC60 r design yesterday .

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:30 pm

pule333 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Thank you both.
Yes they stole the only key I had. That’s including the spare door key, glove box etc.
And to be honest kinda don’t care anymore as we bough XC60 r design yesterday Image.

My wife has one now. Love it. Interior beats my RS6 easily.

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:04 pm

MikeFish wrote:
pule333 wrote:
Thank you both.
And to be honest kinda don’t care anymore as we bough XC60 r design yesterday Image.

Seats are more comfortable than SQ. and mine has tv screens at the back for the kids haha. Apart from lower power. It’s easily just as good!

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:19 pm

pule333 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:04 pm
MikeFish wrote:
pule333 wrote:
Thank you both.

Seats are more comfortable than SQ. and mine has tv screens at the back for the kids haha. Apart from lower power. It’s easily just as good!

Kids? You only have 1. Unless you mean when Tammy is driving and you’re sitting in the back. 😂
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Eddie555 wrote:
pule333 wrote:
MikeFish wrote: My wife has one now. Love it. Interior beats my RS6 easily.

Kids? You only have 1. Unless you mean when Tammy is driving and you’re sitting in the back. Image
Duuh ImageImage

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:22 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 pm
I think he wants new keys barrels too? I'm guessing as he doesn't know where or who has the original key, even if he re-programmed the keys, they could let themselves back into the car using the actual key rather than the keyfob which will unlock the doors and possibly disarm the alarm. In which case you'd need new barrels for (I'm guessing now) drivers door (don't have barrel on any other doors any more do they?), new barrel for bootlid perhaps and glovebox.
Full set includes new barrels for all key operated locks etc.
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:24 pm

morski wrote:
MikeFish wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 pm
Full set includes new barrels for all key operated locks etc.
That’s great! I found a mobile locksmith who offers that service. Will call them if I can get it back

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:44 pm

pule333 wrote:
MikeFish wrote:
pule333 wrote:
Thank you both.

She has the hybrid so not far off B7 straight line speed and way more torque.

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:45 pm

MikeFish wrote:
pule333 wrote:
MikeFish wrote: My wife has one now. Love it. Interior beats my RS6 easily.

She has the hybrid so not far off B7 straight line speed and way more torque.
Unfortunately payout wasn’t that big haha. So we got 2015 D5. 2.4. 220 bhp.

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Return to “General Car Chat”