C6 rS6

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
Stevie1982
2nd Gear

C6 rS6

Post by Stevie1982 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Good morning all, it's been a while since I sold my B7 RS4 Avant and I'm back on the hunt for the next toy and theres something that's drawing me to a C6 Rs6. I did start to look a the C5 but the repair costs for the gearbox amung many other things has put me right off. Now I know no 10 year old performance car will be cheap/cost effective to run. I've owned m3's, c63, RS4 and various lesser performance cars such as m135, golf r, Sti's etc but am I mad for considering a C6 Rs6, just I've not had a v10 and have always fancied one, have considered the m5 but the vanos and smg box puts me off.

So for those who know much more about them or have owned one I'd appreciate your feedback.

I'm aware that they have a coolant pipe issue and oil o ring issue but if these have already been dealt with what else do you need to be concerned about? Also I know pads and disks aren't cheap so try to get one that's recently had them done.

Would you be out off with one that's comfortably in the 100k or hanker after one with 80k on the clocks.

I've also read that mapping them makes a huge difference as to the feel of the car, I know 580bhp is not to be sniffed at but being so heavy having the extra power from mapping transforms the car.

Thanks in advance

Return to “General Car Chat”