Late 2011 Panamera Turbo S or 2013 RS6, can't decide....

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
Mr Footlong
Cruising

Re: Late 2011 Panamera Turbo S or 2013 RS6, can't decide....

Post by Mr Footlong » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Had a quick read in the C7 forum about those for and against remapping. I think it would be utterly rude not to MRC Stage 1 map her and it is sub-£1100 to do that for good gains, vs. 6-7k or so for Stage 2.

I am curious as to what 100 cell Milltek cats would free up over the OE cats, bearing in mind that she already has a Milltek system fitted. At a guess 2-2.5k just for those probably won;t do anything of worth on a stage 1 map

I don't like the rear lights on the phase 1, so have my eye on a set of phase 2 rear lights, but am aware that they aren't just plug in and go, a revised controller or summat is needed. Lightest 3m tint possible on the front windows like I always do.

After that not sure currently as I wasn't planning on spaffing £43k two weeks ago, just sort of happened, oops.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Re: Late 2011 Panamera Turbo S or 2013 RS6, can't decide....

Post by Mr Footlong » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Picked up the car. Confession to make, I bought her without viewing or test driving her. We needed a car, I didn't have the time to go there and all the research I did via Audi etc. on the VIN and speaking to the previous owner all checked out. I hadn't even driven a C7 until today.

VCDS scan came back with absolutely nothing of any concern, so logged and cleared the codes and will see if either of the two trivial ones comes back.

She is in really excellent condition, my concerns about seeing a few wrinkles in the rear seat leather came to nothing, the photos had made something out of nothing.

Sitting in a pub currently so can't report back properly but good god what a difference in feel to my already wonderful C5 RS6 :).
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

Return to “General Car Chat”