Re: Two local Audi garages wont allow owner oil

Post by RS4LAD » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:30 am

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:57 pm
RS4LAD wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 am
Bund wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:13 am
My car is due a service on time on the dash which is slightly annoying as it was last done in March 2017 on a long life and hasn't done many miles since by Mart or myself.

When there was a good offer by Tesco I picked up the right oil cheaply. I called Audi West London first who are saying that their group now wont allow owner to supply oil(might just be RS cars I cant remember), I then called Jack Barclay around Wimbledon who said the same as their policy changed last month.

I'll call a few others but wondered if others are finding this all over the UK? I would have liked MRC to service the car but having full Audi history till now is putting me off although I know its unlikely to be as thorough as the MRC guys doing it.
Don’t hesitate to let mrc stamp your book/digital history I was in a similar situation. I’d much rather experts who see these cars day in day out work on my car than young clueless apprentices at audi. In fact when I look at high performance vag cars now I actually look out for mrc invoices and history.

There are brand new r8’s rs6’s rs7’s etc having first services and maintenance work at mrc.

Come resale those in the know will not give a damn about full Audi history and will appreciate the MRC stamps
Don't be too quick to write off main dealer servicing due to prices. A car outside of warranty and needing a new engine or other major work due to a genuine defect could still be covered by Audi or at least get a contribution if it has full main dealer history. A car with no Audi stamps wouldn't stand a chance.
I had my gearbox replaced free of charge on my old Alfa 156 gta when the car was outside of warranty but they checked if it had full dealer history first.
I had this issue with VW mike with a golf R and I had a non vw stamp in the book. Car was out of warranty by a few weeks. They were more concerned if genuine parts were used in the service and if they were vat registered. All worked out okay and had the job done on the house.

Now it may have been the case that I got lucky and was out by a few weeks which is why they covered it as a gesture of good will. Who knows

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:18 am

Jack Barclay have come back with £268 for just an oil change and its close to a place of work so thats fine and i'll just hold on to the oil.

Thanks for the wheels Sam, seem a bit pricey to start with compared to these rotors with tyres but limited supply of the 19's on the 2nd market.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Audi ... :rk:1:pf:0
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

johnny11
4th Gear

Post by johnny11 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Bund wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:18 am
Jack Barclay have come back with £268 for just an oil change and its close to a place of work so thats fine and i'll just hold on to the oil.
That’s a pretty good price, Volksautos near me in Sutton have quoted me around £200 for an oil change on my C7 RS6 using genuine audi parts. Will be using them for the yearly oil change but using main dealer for the inspection for warranty purposes.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:06 pm

I paid nearly that much with supplying my own oil!!

Return to “General Car Chat”