Insuring a Performance car

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
pauldavidthomas
Neutral

Insuring a Performance car

Post by pauldavidthomas » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I'm going to get an RS4 B8.

I've just had a bit of a surprise when I contacted LV who I currently insure with, as they seem to only associate your No Claims Discount with one car...

Currently got (and will keep) a high mileage Land Rover Defender 110. Aprox 10k / Year (has 150k on clock)
Will purchase low milage 2014 RS4 B8. Aprox 5k - 8k / Year prob. less (has 18k on clock)

Any companies I should look at ?

I'm 51. 9 years protected. But I did have a 'Fault Claim' at the beginning of this year. Defender reversed over another car. He was very close... Didn't see him !

I would appreciate any advice / comments - other than don't reverse over other peoples cars !

Thanks Paul.

And don't laugh, but when getting a re-quote, I found out my insurance on the LR has actually run out ! One of 'THOSE' days !
2014 RS4 B8.5
2006 Land Rover Defender 110 Special Edition ( still got )

HPsauce
4th Gear

Re: Insuring a Performance car

Post by HPsauce » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:03 pm

That's the way NCDs work with all companies. If you're moving from one car to two you might get an "introductory discount" on one, the NCD will not apply to both.
The Fault Claim won't help obviously. Good luck.

The best strategy will probably be to use your existing NCD on the RS4 and start again on the Rangy. Could you treat it as a "Classic"?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:33 am

I had my modified RS4 insured with Adrian Flux with over 20 years NCD. I then insured my modified RS6 with Adrian Flux too (with no seperate NCD). They said they could give me some discount due to my RS4 policy with them. 2 years later when I sd the rs4 I tried to transfer all my NCD to my RS6 policy but they said I already effectively had it on there. I thought it was an introductory offer but now seems like they applied the same bonus to 2 policies.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 am

Try Sky insurance - they can “mirror” NCD from another vehicle.

I have 9 or 10 years on the RS4 (admiral multicar), mirrored onto the R8 policy (Sky).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Sonic2505
Neutral

Post by Sonic2505 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Esure mirror the no claims.
Got my RS6 as main policy. My defender on second policy with mirrored no claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Car Chat”