Is it worth driving to Berlin?

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
wordsman
Neutral

Post by wordsman » Sat May 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Perhaps a bit off topic, but is it worth driving from Nottingham to Berlin?

I'm speaking at a conference Monday-week and the Sunday Birmingham flight is full. Then it occurred to me that "remember that time I drive the S4 to Berlin?" would be more of an experience than an ordinary flight.

I'm not experienced driving abroad though, will be alone and if the traffic is rubbish (Sunday out, Wednesday back) it could be no more fun than sitting on the M25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

House89
2nd Gear

Post by House89 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Do it!!

I spent 3 years driving to and from Frankfurt, out Monday back Friday.

Avoid Brussels between 7.30CET and 10.00CET and 16.00CET and 19.00CET and you’ll be just fine, go through France to Belgium into Netherlands then Germany, where the fun begins. From memory it’s the E40 to Koln/Bonn in Germany, just like I say avoid Brussels at rush hour the ring road has cost my hours of my life!!!

Honestly, it’s loads of fun!!!

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Re: Is it worth driving to Berlin?

Post by DavidRS4 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:43 am

Or get the over night ferry from Harwich to the Hook of Holland
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

wordsman
Neutral

Re: Is it worth driving to Berlin?

Post by wordsman » Tue May 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks guys. It really looked like fun, but in the end I'm going to fly so I can make a speakers dinner on Sunday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Car Chat”