Sport package?

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
JM92
Neutral

Sport package?

Post by JM92 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi,

I am going to view 63 reg RS4 avant this week which comes with the Sport suspension (DRC) and the owner said the exhaust is change able via the on board computer, I presume this is the sport exhaust and the car has the full sport package?

From what I see online the DRC is the main problem on these but is there anything else i need to look out for?
The car has just been serviced by Audi 2000 miles ago (major service) and came back with a clean bill of health but some pointers would be great.

Thanks

rs user
4th Gear

Re: Sport package?

Post by rs user » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:09 pm

not familiar with the b8-but have read its gearbox has issues that can be costly too....

tcmrdon
2nd Gear

Post by tcmrdon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 am

sports package on the RS4 B8 consists of
Sports Suspension DRC
Sports Exhaust (exhaust tips will be black not aluminum)
Dynamic Steering
20'' Alloys

in terms of the exhaust when you start the car up the exhaust valves will be closed.
when you select dynamic the exhaust valves will open up
Current Ride - 2018 S4 B9 Saloon - Floret Silver
Previous - 2015 RS4 B8 Avant - Porsche Riviera Blue | Golf GTI MK6 - Candy White | RS4 B7 Saloon - Sprint Blue | Corsa VXR - Silver Lightning

jimi

Post by jimi » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:55 am

The sports package is quiet important but be aware that that the exhaust does not make much noise even in the Dynamic mode you get a few pops and bangs on down shift, but that said it sounds beautiful.
I have only had my B8 for 3 weeks and I so love it I cant stop going to my garage and sitting in it.
jim

Return to “General Car Chat”