C7 RS6

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
Am89
Neutral

C7 RS6

Post by Am89 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi, new to the forum. Currently own a C63 with some mods and around 550 bhp. Although it’s a fast car it often struggle w traction and I’m considering a change over to the latest 4.0 Biturbo RS6.

I have a few Q’s, the car I’m looking at is a 2014 black wagon w ivory and carbon interior. Mileage is on 40,000 with FASH. How good is the build quality on the early cars, is the gearbox a twin clutch unit and what are the must have options? Owners says it has dynamic pack and 21” wheels.. heard mixed reviews about dynamic steering but good reviews about the dynamic Suspension w steel springs?

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: C7 RS6

Post by MikeFish » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:52 pm

No it's a proper automatic. But bloody good. One of the best things about it.
Build quality is the same regardless of when it was built.
DRC was a must for me, too much roll with the air suspension.

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:28 pm

My car is a 2013 so one of the first and thus far no problems and I’m at 68k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:32 pm

MikeFish wrote:No it's a proper automatic. But bloody good. One of the best things about it.
This is interesting. The gravitas toward slosh against double clutch is curious. I can’t imagine my TTS with slosh, too slow too ponderous. Equally PDK in panamera smashes it out of the park, and I’ve only driven the 4S. I’d take PDK or equivalent over slosh everyday.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:39 pm

doodlebug wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:32 pm
MikeFish wrote:No it's a proper automatic. But bloody good. One of the best things about it.
This is interesting. The gravitas toward slosh against double clutch is curious. I can’t imagine my TTS with slosh, too slow too ponderous. Equally PDK in panamera smashes it out of the park, and I’ve only driven the 4S. I’d take PDK or equivalent over slosh everyday.
I prefer the slosh in my C7 to the double clutch in the RS3. I don't care about the microsecond differences in gear changes, the software on the C7 makes it much better to live with in sport mode than the 8V. Remember the only way to have the engine with responsive throttle is to have the gearbox in Sport mode and with the 8V it just wants to red line all the time whereas the C7 will change up easier in Sport mode when not on full throttle.

Am89
Neutral

Post by Am89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Is dynamic sports suspension available without the dynamic steering? I’ve read this is the set up to go for as steering can feel artificial?

How’s the easiest way to tell car has dynamic susp? Is it adjustable from a switch on centre console?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 pm

I don't think it was called dynamic sport suspension. The options were standard suspension which was on air, or the optional DRC (dynamic ride control) which was traditional springs.
Both options allow you to choose the damping firmness i.e. comfort, auto or dynamic. The air option also allows you to adjust the ride height.
If you picked the Dynamic Package you got DRC and Dynamic Steering. However you could just select DRC as an option without the Dynamic Package which means you could have the DRC without the Dynamic Steering.
How easy to differentiate depends if you are can physically see the car. DRC will have springs. Air will have a ride option on the car menu screen on the MMI. With no dynamic steering there will be no steering option on the Drive Select Individual settings.

Return to “General Car Chat”