Anyone know about Mitsu Outlander Phevs?

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
Shoppinit
Cruising

Anyone know about Mitsu Outlander Phevs?

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 am

I'm starting to look for one of these for my sister. They seem OK, but does anyone have any feedback or stuff to look out for? Essential options, etc.?

I know they are rubbish on fuel, but that's not a concern. If they did a V8 that would be better but 4wd with petrol engines are rocking horse poo.

CheeRS!
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: Anyone know about Mitsu Outlander Phevs?

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:50 am

Not much help but I can barely give away the commercial variant’s at auction.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:52 am

That's interesting. I noticed they were relatively cheap. I wonder why.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:53 pm

We've got three of them on company lease, two are still current. What do you want to know?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Since I'll be the sucker that gets to fix it and hear about it when it doesn't work, I'm mostly concerned with how reliable they are, if they are prone to any major and/or expensive failures, etc. Also good to know how they drive, but I'm assuming that they are "normal" and not weird or difficult to drive.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:22 pm

They're normal to drive except for the steering wheels brake paddles (used for recharging via brakes). None have broken down, yet, but they are all 3 year leases from brand new. I'd imagine they'd be a ball ache to fix if it happened to be a brake/drivetrain/recharge/engine issue. I hate the interiors (and the exterior), I'd stump for leather seats, I think DAB and heated seats were standard, the headlining is awful. I'd probably tick the sunroof option because they always feel dark inside. All of the guys said it comes very well optioned and they'd not tick any options (for a lease), they'd tick leather if it were a private purchase. The only problem was having to listen to them every morning comparing how much 'plug-in' range they had left on their cars via their apps. Drench.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Cool. Thanks.

I suppose the hybrid batteries will be useful for avoiding flat battery when leaving the car standing for long periods, which will be the case.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Not sure.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Hasn't this conversation happened already?

Edit - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124773&p=851321&hil ... hi#p851321

Thought it was familiar.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:39 pm

That was for me when I was looking for a 7 seater. We were talking about the old outlanders (which are cool).

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:03 pm

I just remembered bum talking about the geeks at his work checking the batteries on their phones.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sat May 12, 2018 6:23 am

Picking one up today. Surprisingly difficult to find a good one, but I got there in the end (I hope).

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sat May 12, 2018 12:43 pm

What was the insurance like? Apparently no one drives them. They just crash them.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sat May 12, 2018 4:30 pm

It's not too bad. Hard to do a direct comparison because I'm only a named driver on it. Cost about 600 quid to add it to her policy.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun May 13, 2018 9:28 am

Gotta say, I really like this car. I didn't think I would. It makes me giggle like a school girl gliding around silently on EV power and spooking people.

Why don't all cars have DAB radio?

Return to “General Car Chat”