Cruising

Re: Paint Protection Film - Cost?

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Got a few more quotes through, that came in a little cheaper

Venom wraps £1200 (Xpel Ultimate)
Offset Detailing £1200 (Suntek)
Race by Design £1260 (Xpel Ultimate)
Offset Detailing £1500 (Suntek Ultra)

Turns out the Paintgard quote (£999) is for the basic Suntek or Xpel film - not 3M as I assumed. Makes this the cheapest quote, but not particularly convenient for me!

I spoke to a couple of companies and have decided to go with Venom (based near Horsham). They're an accredited and factory trained Xpel installer. They seem to care more about the prep and quality of job than some others, and also keep the car for 2 days rather than trying to do it in one day. I have to wait a couple of weeks after the respray, then will go to them in October.

£1200 for a bit of clingfilm. I must be mad.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

scaghead
Top Gear

Re: Paint Protection Film - Cost?

Post by scaghead » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:15 am

Just a heads up...

I bought my motor a few months ago.. It had a suntek film fitted. But I thought it was finished to great on the edges. A bit of a dirt trap as such. Having not had ppf before I asked a few people who have had it done at audis in the park.. And it seemed this type of finish was the norm. But because my car is white it showed up the dirty edge.. I bought some rubbing alcohol and with a soft toothbrush managed to clean all the dirty edges..job done.. Lol. I went in the garage a few days later to find one section of film had peeled off a bit.. Aaarrrggghh . Gone from bad to horrendous.. I already knew that the suntek 10 year guarantee was useless as its not transferable from owner to owner.. Which seems silly. But hey-Ho..

I then contacted suntek to ask them to recommend someone to sort it.. I took it to a firm who basically said the film used was not a suntek film.. Apparently anyone can get the guarantee cards and fill them out.. Lol.. And also a lot of firms buy the film in kit form. Hence why the finish on the edges is not great.. So be warned..

I had all the existing film removed.. And they completely re done my bumper bonnet wing mirrors side blades and roof.. They cut the film from a roll.. I cannot see any of the edges on the film its tucked in and fitted nice and tight.. You wouldn't even know it's on there.. Dub customs in Basildon done mine.. It took a week. But so happy with the results..
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

Return to “General Car Chat”