In or Out...?

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
TomRS
4th Gear

Re: In or Out...?

Post by TomRS » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:32 am

Shoppinit wrote:BRITAIN: Brexit is the stupidest, most self-destructive act a country could undertake.

USA: Hold my beer.
Isnt the whole Brexit thing a joke anyway? its in the high court as the we voted was incorrect or something?

And Trump... looks like he's in... cant wait to see this Wall hahaha!
2014 Mercedes E63 AMG S
Wrapped in OceanShimmerBlue | MSL Stage 2 – 736Bhp/876ibft | Weistec Downpipes | K&N Large Filters | 400mm AP Racing Fronts/DS2500 Pads | Centre delete | H&R Springs/Link bars 30mm |

Gone but not forgotten :smile_smoking:
2010 Nissan GT-R SVM 680R
2010 RS6 C6 Avant Stage 2 730/1088nm

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:33 am

Obama's got this.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:51 am

Shoppinit wrote:BRITAIN: Brexit is the stupidest, most self-destructive act a country could undertake.

USA: Hold my beer.
Yeah, that's been may fave comment thus far.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:32 pm

On the flipside...new First Lady is not bad.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:On the flipside...new First Lady is not bad.
Which side would you flip her to?

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:07 pm

bam_bam wrote:
Surrey Sam wrote:On the flipside...new First Lady is not bad.
Which side would you flip her to?

hmmmm, decisions!

Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

FaisalJ
Cruising

In or Out...?

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Classy.

So I just started a new job, and my boss is in NY so will have to travel a bit. I'm Muslim. This could be interesting; I've already had trouble in the past a couple of times going to the states.

Anyway, that's trivial.

What's really worrying to me is the fact that idiots seem to be deciding the direction of the world. One country at a time. A tsunami of morons voting to send us backwards 50 years.

Next up is the Italian referendum in December; the PM has (stupidly) staked his premiership on it. When he loses (pretty sure he will), the party coming in is likely to be the the 5 star movement and they want out of Europe.

French elections next year, might see right-wing nutjob Le Pen in charge; she wants out of the Euro and NATO.

German elections next year too. I hope Merkel survives!

So we could see the US go to sh**. Europe go to sh**. Balkan countries more exposed to Russian invasion. China could face massive problems if their export markets are screwed and they face tariffs to the US, and all the while their debt is still growing at 3x their economy. A China crash could have a major impact on the world economy.

Let's hope it doesn't pan out that bad!!! I'm sure we'll deal with the fallout, but I'd much rather not have any fallout!

Kanye 2020.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:07 am

Yup, that's a bleak but fairly accurate prediction, I suspect. I guess people are bored of relative peace and prosperity. Let the dark times roll! Party like it's 1899!
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

HPsauce
4th Gear

Post by HPsauce » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:37 am

I bought something on Monday afternoon that made me think about what we've got used to and will inevitably change.....

It was "just" a small Bosch coffee grinder, cost about £18 delivered to my door. Bought it on a .uk web site from a proper UK-registered VAT-registered company.
Arrived today, genuine kit, fully guaranteed etc. etc. All good. Made in Slovenia by the way - an EU member that uses the Euro.

However the parent company and main physical operation of the distributor is in the Czech Republic; no problem EU consumer law (and our Distance Selling legislation too) covers all this stuff and Bosch warranty is fine too. All totally seamless as far as I'm concerned, and I tracked the package all the way from the warehouse.

How easy will this all be once we have left the EU? Somehow I feel there will be "obstacles" which will in real terms cost money and time.

On a more relevant subject to this forum, nearly all the tyres I buy these days come from European stocks which are larger and have a better choice/availability. (They're not made in the UK anyway.)

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:54 am

It won't be anywhere near as easy. If you've ever tried to order anything from the USA to Canada then you'll know how completely frustrating and retarded a process it is. I predict it'll be like that in the UK. That's why most Canadian just pay the (sometimes much) higher price in Canada. Probably about to get worse for them, too, if Trump kills the agreements they have in place.

Or it is looking like Brexit will be about accepting the same free movement (a dog by any other name) to be able to access the markets. But we'll be outside the decision making process. So instead of being half-in to the EU with a significant say, we'll be half out with little influence. But hey, milk and fags are the same price as before so happy days!
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:13 am

This thread is an interesting reread this morning...

Guess who voted for the High Sparrow?
Attachments
86e.jpeg

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:31 am

It all goes to show why you should never ask the public anything.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Shoppinit wrote:It all goes to show why you should never ask the public anything.
Nah - should never ask old people anything!

I re-read this whole thread just now too, interesting read indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:49 am

So it looks like our Brexit delegation heading for Brussels will be the:

"Conservative and Unionist Negotiating Team"

Shouldn't be a problem, to come up with a smart acronym for that lot :lol:

lushman
3rd Gear

Post by lushman » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:49 am
So it looks like our Brexit delegation heading for Brussels will be the:

"Conservative and Unionist Negotiating Team"

Shouldn't be a problem, to come up with a smart acronym for that lot :lol:

Very good :)

Politics here in NI is so bad its laughable
2006 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue & Black Optics