Ideal ride height using KWv3?

All things related to Audi and other manufacturers
lushman
3rd Gear

Ideal ride height using KWv3?

Post by lushman » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:26 pm

Hi

I have had the KWv3 fitted to my Avant since the DRC failed 2 years ago. I got my garage to set them to the standard ride height the car was before the DRC was removed.

I am thinking of lowering the car as its waiting to get a nice new shiny coat of paint (keeping it in the best colour of course). It is on standard 19" wheels and no spacers so was thinking of dropping it around an inch or two.

I don't want to find the car unbearable to drive over a rough road or anything like that or should I just leave alone?

Look forward to any sound advice :beerchug:

TIA
2006 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue & Black Optics
2000 Avus Silver B5 RS4 - Gone

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Re: Ideal ride height using KWv3?

Post by IchBautAuto » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:52 am

I'm on Bilsteins (not adjustable coilovers) using std springs which gave me standard ride height by chance (Never assured with variable height spring platforms). I like to drive my car vs just looking at it outside a coffee Shop, so for mine, not one mm less would work. Some carry a passenger, some 3 or 4, not all trim and lightweight. Put some bits in the boot for a 4 week touring holiday and every speed hump looks like everest. I have just travelled 1500 Km to get to my Mums place and just to get into the driveway I had to completely unpack the car inc Mrs.

So, you may not have any of my impediments, but if you think that you may eventually develop one or more of them, or like your ears whole, not chewed, standard ride height has a lot to recommend it.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

lushman
3rd Gear

Post by lushman » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:23 am

Thanks for the reply. You have made my mind up to leave well alone as I travel to Spain and will be when allowed with a car full of stuff.

Cheers
2006 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue & Black Optics
2000 Avus Silver B5 RS4 - Gone

anditsoundslikebells
3rd Gear

Post by anditsoundslikebells » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:33 pm

I went the other way and dropped my C5 as low as it would go on 19's. I can fit my thumb in the gap between the arch and the rims.
It looks immense, can still carry a full load as they are so stiff.
But driving long distances isn't really a joy.
I'll raise them slightly so it's a bit more practical.
Next I'll restore the original 18s and raise it a bit more of I go for long mountainous tours.
RS6 C5 Avant 2002 Daytona Grey
TTH 620 - Wagner IC - OC.T 200cell&downpipes - DW400 pump - 034 TCU chip - FIS - B16 PSS9 - 034 control arms - H&R ARB - OZ Superturismo

Return to “General Car Chat”