Vauxhall Belmont SRi
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
1st car Datsun 120 FII Lime green....yeah :shock:

Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: Tesla

Post by Covkiller » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:40 pm

I really don't like these cars. I don't know what it is, maybe because they're hyped so much. I've studied them since they came out and looked at many. I don't think they are built that well and they're not that fast, ie, the battery depletes like a melting ice cream on a hot day if booted for a stretch. All this 2.3 seconds 0 to 60 is bolx, they need 10 mins prep to drag race. Bye, see you later. Sh!t sh!t sh!t.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 pm

Covkiller wrote:I really don't like these cars. I don't know what it is, maybe because they're hyped so much. I've studied them since they came out and looked at many. I don't think they are built that well and they're not that fast, ie, the battery depletes like a melting ice cream on a hot day if booted for a stretch. All this 2.3 seconds 0 to 60 is bolx, they need 10 mins prep to drag race. Bye, see you later. Sh!t sh!t sh!t.
I’d really like to drive one.

There is absolutely no way I’d want one as my only car - but recently I’ve been thinking about one as a second car. Not sure I can bring myself to do it though!

I think the company definitely has a long way to go with regards to quality and ramping up production - but there just seems to be so much potential. The fact that they’re EVs that have more to like apart from the fact that they’re just electric; namely the tech and performance.

I can see myself owning one in future - alongside a V8 or V10 Audi of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:43 am

I agree Faisel, that is the point. They have a long way to go. I'll post a Mercedes advert later tonight which shows what I mean. Battery technology really needs to jump forward.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:34 am

My biz partner has one as his daily. He's crashed it twice, both times while in self-drive mode but the other drivers have admitted fault and he kept his hands in his pockets. He still maintains that if he was driving he'd probably not have had the prangs but he isn't too bothered. The customer support has been fantastic, he's still got their loaner car on his driveway that they dropped off, they're yet to collect it well after his daily was returned. So the wife is rolling around in it.
I've been in it a number of times and I get it but they're far too overpriced. It only really makes sense a daily, he'll have saved a sh1t-ton in fuel as he charges for free but I've rocketed past him so many times when going for meetings up north, he does 30mins stopovers at Tesla charge stations and leaves it in auto-pilot on the motorway reading the internet, sitting in the middle lane. If that's how you want to get around, then I guess it's a great car. I love driving, so I'm out.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 am

Self crash cars are silly :bash:

Terminator_X
3rd Gear

Post by Terminator_X » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Covkiller wrote:I really don't like these cars. I don't know what it is, maybe because they're hyped so much. I've studied them since they came out and looked at many. I don't think they are built that well and they're not that fast, ie, the battery depletes like a melting ice cream on a hot day if booted for a stretch. All this 2.3 seconds 0 to 60 is bolx, they need 10 mins prep to drag race. Bye, see you later. Sh!t sh!t sh!t.
I'm not a fan either but there was one (P100d) at Rockingham the other weekend getting to 60 in under 2s, properly mental. It only managed a few runs tbf.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Return to “Other”