Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Post by Noyjatat » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:45 pm

i think this new Alfa holds the record for the fastest saloon around the Nurburgring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkTh0RxnLmw

ANDYRS#3
1st Gear

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Post by ANDYRS#3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Yes Audi had better up the anti this car looks stunning
Current 2014 RS4 Sepang with optics, buckets.
997 Turbo Cobalt Blue
Previous:-
996 C4S
B7 RS4 Avant Sprint blue
B7 RS4 Saloon Sprint blue
MK5 Golf R32
MK4 Golf R32
Evo 8 & 6
Many golf GTI's

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:30 am

I've been waiting a long time for Alfa to replace the 156gta with a newer model but its been a long time on the making. After I bought the b7 i thought I'd be buying more audis but Audi seem reluctantly stubborn about RS saloons. After having my fingers crossed for a b8 RS Saloon and a C7 Saloon and then a B9 Saloon I now findyself with a viable option for a sporty Saloon with a nice interior. A German one would have been nice bit audo keep dissapointing. For the 1st time in over 10 years I find myself thinking my next car might be an alfa.

S4WON
Top Gear

Post by S4WON » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:16 am

Have you driven a B8 mike? What put you off?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:50 am

No ive not driven one, it purely down to the looks. Its an estate and I prefer the look of saloons.
I must admit I never really got close to one until I took the wife to see the RS3 and had they still had the books open I might have ordered one. I've been looking for the right spec one to come up but not seen one yet and I'd be willing to compromise on spec if it was a saloon but in my mind im already compromising by buying a shape I don't really want. Which leaves me with a C7 which is very tempting but again I'm struggling to justify spending that much on a shape I don't want.
I owned a 156gta for about 8 years (3 years overlap with the RS4) and kept watching the motorshows for the announcement of the 159gta but it never happened.

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Yeah I ended up going to the RS5 because I couldn't find the saloon car I wanted. like you I will be keeping an eye on this one though and I reckon I will be booking a test drive when it hits the showrooms.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Yep, I might be able to get my Alfa fleeces out the back of the wardrobe.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:07 am

Hmmm, first sites I read about it said there was a 4 wheel drove version but all the sites I'm looking at now suggest rear wheel drove only. Slightly less appealing now although it is still preferable to me over the bmw and Mercedes alternatives.

Graeme4130
Cruising

Post by Graeme4130 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:11 am

In a typical strange twist of Italian Auto Industry hisotry, I can imagine the production car won't be anything like as quick as the Ring record car.
As with all Alfa's, I think it looks superb, but will be badly built and unreliable.
I know it's become a rather broad brush statement about Alfa's with regards to their quality, but to make cars in that sector that compete with BMW, Merc and Mercedes, you need huge development budgets, which Alfa just don't have.
A good friend has a 4c, and it's one of the worst screwed together cars I've seen in recent years. In fact, it makes TVR's look like Mercs for fit and finish.
If you're making an occasional use sports car, then the fact is, people don't care too much about quality as you just forgive it as a character of the car. However, they're playing into the sports saloon market, where people want to drive it every day and sit in traffic looking at the dash board, and if this is half falling onto your lap, you'd be inclined to be less forgiving
Still, it looks cool, and no doubt will sound cool
-------------------------------------------------------
Gone - 11/06 B7 RS4 Avant - black/black (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 05/13 B8 RS4 Avant - Suzuka grey (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 01/14 B8 RS5 Coupe - Short term car
Gone - 09/14 B8 RS4 Avant - Misano Red/Ceramics (Daily drive & kids taxi)

Current - 04/18 B9 Rs4 Nardo Grey
ZX10R Race bike - 210bhp and a few skid marks on the seat ;)

Return to “Other”