Ford GT Mirage 720

bam_bam
Cruising

Ford GT Mirage 720

Post by bam_bam » Fri May 22, 2015 12:50 pm

So I was cycling home last night (yes, yes I know, there is zero honour in cycling).
Coming up to Totters and Whetsone, not far from the Audi stealers, an orange Ford GT Mirage 720 left-hooker pulled across on-coming traffic and joined in front of me. I move right up behind him as he joined, it was beautifully timed to witness the result of him giving it a bit of right foot. It started off with a lovely deep thumping growl, then the car squat, wound up and then let out a Nascar-esqe howl with a sprinkle of "bees going through a woodchipper". The rear-end gave a nice lazy shark-like tail wag as it wound up a bit more and then it was gone. Leaving me sat thinking "ahhhh, so that's what that feels like..."

I just had a little read up about the car and I now know that the driver wouldn't have been giving it death, 746BHP/627ft/lbs 220VMAX with no traction control!!! If he did bury the boot he'd have likely killed us both while simultaneously installing a brand new orange, black and red modern art piece into B&Q's side wall.

For reference, this is the car. £180k new but what a car!

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarr ... irage.html
No matter where you go, there you are.

Bladerider
4th Gear

Re: Ford GT Mirage 720

Post by Bladerider » Fri May 22, 2015 11:48 pm

Nice,

I was considering buying one of these a few years ago before they settled on the exact spec and price hikes.

The GT is an awesome piece of kit, Roush here in Essex are fabulous to deal with, I really wish I had of gone ahead with it, but life can take you in the wrong direction some times lol

J.
07 RS4 Avus Avant : Usual spec with Buckets+FBSW+iPod dock+TV etc...100k+
Thanks to GBH Motorsport MRC Tuning VirdeeAuto Dubstep AwesomeGTI Wallachie Trups
H&R - Coilovers ARBs Spacers : 034 - RearArms Droplinks BilletMounts StrutTops : Eibach FrontArms : Powerflex Bushes
MRC - Stage2 Map+codeouts Stage2 Inlet+7mm gasket Stage2 deCarbon CAF : BMC Filter : Milltek Decats NonRes
Anthracite Alloys : Advan Neovas : Ferodo Pads+Castrol SRF : HEL Brakelines : Trups LED lighting

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:27 am

Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time Bam Bam. Kind of him to provide the two gun salute as he left too. Not sure many cyclists would appreciate such a gesture.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sat May 23, 2015 1:13 pm

I often give cyclists both barrels, always careful leave plenty of room.
This was especially nice as I my head was in open air and it was such a different angle to view the rear-end swing about under acceleration. It made my day, if I'm honest.
No matter where you go, there you are.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Would have made mine too. A nice change from the standard diesel soot clouds produced by the masses. :beerchug:

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Post by Ozzyz » Tue May 26, 2015 9:58 am

I saw the same car near Enfield a couple months back, the thing has so much road presence and yes, it does make the dirtiest of growls. I tried to applaud the owner as he went past but there wasn't enough time :cry:

Return to “Other”