Audi Sport Showcase!!

3.0 V6 TFSI quattro - 349 bhp
3.0 V6 TDI quattro - 309 bhp
W8PMC
Cruising

Audi Sport Showcase!!

Post by W8PMC » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:22 am

What a fantastic event:) Stunning location & a great range of Audi's finest.

Highlight vehicles were the SQ5, RS6 & R8 V10 Plus.

Firstly the SQ5, this vehicle was astounding. We have a Q5 already, the 2.0TFSi S-Line S-Tronic & rate the vehicle highly although the MPG is terrible as we can never get over 30MPG. The SQ5 goes like sh1t off a shovel & even though it must have been caned during the day, it's average MPG was 30.3. The amplified sound although a strange concept initially, really grows on you & it does indeed sound like a V8. Can defo see this replacing Sue's S-Line Q5.

The RS6 was plain bonkers, for a car that big & heavy it went like a scalded cat & belies it's heft very well. Never been a big fan of estate cars & although the RS6 is pleasing to the eye in Avant form, i'd be signing an order now if they did a Saloon variant. Can't fault the car at all.

Naturally, leaving the R8 V10 Plus until last applied the old saying of leaving the best till last. This car was about as insane as it gets. Being the Plus it was dripped in Carbon (the real stuff) & had the Carbon Ceramic brakes. Holy mother of god this car was fast & the sound from the Sports zorst was pure aural pleasure. If i had £130k, this would be very high on my list of cars to buy. Oddly enough, on paper my GT-R was a fair lick quicker, however the drama the R8 oozes, that noise coupled with it's presence, you feel like you're travelling at warp factor 10. WANT WANT WANT.

Also drove the RS5 Cab & TT-RS, but it was the above 3 that rocked my car world:)
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Re: Audi Sport Showcase!!

Post by josedebardi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Where was this? And how did you get an invite?

I keep seeing dealers up north doing this type of thing and inviting customers, but not seen any down south :(
Audi S8 D2 Nogaro Blue "Pace Car"
Audi TT 8N Cab Nogaro Blue
Hyundai Tucson Polar White
Audi RS3 8V Panther Black "Baggy" (sold)
Audi S1 8X Vegas Yellow "Bumblebeast" (sold)
Audi SQ5 8R Glacier White (sold)
VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Dorset in exchange for beer/money :roll:

W8PMC
Cruising

Re: Audi Sport Showcase!!

Post by W8PMC » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:52 am

josedebardi wrote:Where was this? And how did you get an invite?

I keep seeing dealers up north doing this type of thing and inviting customers, but not seen any down south :(
Was just outside Blackburn. Jointly hosted by Audi & the local multi franchise (Preston Audi, Blackburn Audi & Carlisle Audi)

Was invited by the Sales Manager & DP as have bought many high value Audi's from Preston Audi.
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

Return to “SQ5 (Typ 8R) 2013-2017”